Molluscum

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! I know how you feel, probably very frustrated and upset. Don't worry, things will get better. I had molluscum for a total of 3-4 months. I will describe how I overcame molluscum.

1. I found someone I trusted very much and talked to them whenever I felt overwhelmed and frustrated. This really helped me remain stable and uplifted me during emotional moments.
  2. I would change my underwear every morning and night. Never re-wore bottoms unless I washed them first.
  3. DO NOT SHAVE, just buy scissors and trim. Also air dry, do not pat with a towel to avoid spreading.
  4. Apply tea tree oil twice a day, I noticed it help get rid of some of the warts.
  5. Only burst/pop a wart if the white head is emerging from the top or else you may infect other areas. There will be a scar, but it will go away in a couple days. Taping helps suffocate the wart and can sometimes make the white head emerge faster.
  6. Do not scratch or touch any of the warts.
  7. Frequently wash your hands.
  8. Talk to your doctor. I was able to freeze the remaining warts in just two sessions. And had a couple follow ups to make sure it was completely gone and now it is! Freezing does not hurt and left no scars, in my case.
  9. I waited 2 weeks before I decided to shave to make sure it was gone and changed razors repeatedly.
  10. Avoid reading these forums, often times I found myself spiraling reading horror stories. Remember every case is different!
  11. I know having molluscum is difficult and seems endless. But you WILL get through this. Good luck and fight these b******s!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please realize how truly lucky you were. I have had it for a year and a half now and have done all those things and it's still not gone. Not every person heals the same. So happy for you though that yours passed smoothly, congrats!!! (:

• Posted

i have no access to a doctor because of having no health insurance currently but i KNOW i have this condition because it started off with one bump on my inner thigh close to my crotch and it looked like a skin tag at the end! then other ones popped up around my anus and i started freaking the hell out. i did so much research then this condition popped up and it matches so well! i have new bumps and they itch like hell! now my boyfriend found out i was researching about it and was curious and i told him i think i have that. now he wont have sex with me till it clears up 😢 . he said he still loves me no matter what its just he doesnt want to get it.

• Posted

If you love him at all you won't have sex with him, this condition sucks so bad. it's been a year and seven months and I still have it despite every treatment you can imagine. you honestly just have to wait it out. DO NOT HAVE SEX, do not put your boyfriend through this. I recommend burning them off, I've posted on here about tca acid before. research research research.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.