Molluscum and Ringworm. 16 years old. Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had molluscum contagiosum for 14 months and its still spreading. It started as 3 small bumps on my thigh and has spread to my other thigh, my stomach, and now my hands. I have ringworm on top of the molluscum on my legs and stomach, too. I tried Tretinoin and tea tree oil and both did nothing.

Losing hope.

Why is this happening?? What can i do??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi! I had molluscum for about 8 months (and all summer long) I either wore long sleeves and pants in 90 degree weather or used a Sally Hansen body makeup that hid the redness of molluscum but not the bumps and I was so self conscious the whole time, I'm 24 so being a young girl with this that shows so visibly is absolutely horrible for your self esteem...you aren't alone. I tried apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil..they didnt do much and I did it religiously.

My molluscum is about 90 percent gone now though and it's because of salycilic acid that I started using about a week ago. With your parents permission (because it can burn if you do it improperly or if your skin is sensitive) go onto eBay and buy a salycilic acid solution that's 20% it should be like 8 or 9 dollars. Put it on every little bump, I had to pretty much rub it over my whole body because I had so many. But do that every morning and night and use a salycilic acne cleanser you find at the drug store in the shower (this helps the underlying ones pop up faster ) and I swear to you your molluscum will be gone

I was like you I literally thought I was gonna be the person who had molluscum for like 5 years because it is posssible for it to stay in your body that long but I was lucky enough to come by one post that said salycilic acid works and I literally never see it posted anywhere else but it needs to be known!

I don't know how to post pictures on this forum but if you want some just let me know like it's actually amazing how much it cleared up in like 4 days

• Posted

For the ring worm...after you take a bath,cover the entire area in clear finger nail polish. It smothers the ring worm. Every night take a bath wash the spots,some polish maycome off. Then just cover it back with finger nail polish and let it dry. I did this and got rid of ringworms. I can't disclose what we used to cure my son's molluscum but it was over the counter. If I put it here they will block my comment. I wish you the best I know it's got to be hard for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.