Molluscum clearing after 2 YEARS

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been dealing with molluscum for two years now. I realized I had it in May of 2016 after I slept with a guy which is where I think I got it. I'm writing this now because I believe it is finally starting to clear up after trying many different things. I'm a 21 year old female in college so this has been a nightmare you can probably imagine. 

I found the first one on my genital area and like most of you thought it was nothing, picked at it and it spread immediately which is when I started to panic. I saw a nurse and tried having them scraped off by but every single time I did that (probably 5 times) they would always come back. Looking back now I think she didn't know what she was doing and didn't sterilize the area properly so it always spread. She also prescribed me a kind of wart removing liquid but I accidentally spilled it everywhere so that was not useful. 

A few months in I started trying with apple cider vinegar. It worked on some but not all of them, mostly the big ones. I hated doing this, it was smelly and uncomfortable especially on my genitals. I also resorted to cutting them out myself which I read a lot of people did but since mine were in such a tricky spot I think I ended up just making it worse. 

Towards the end of 2016, I was using just tea tree oil several times a day and would resort back to ACV when I had a big one. I was hoping that using the tea tree oil religiously would just make them go away. But of course it didn't.

The beginning of 2017 I probably had 2 on my behind and 1 between my legs that just would not go away no matter what I did. This is when I finally decided to see a dermatologist. He froze them off and they went away for a few weeks. I thought I was in the clear when in the summer of 2017 I found ANOTHER. I was in denial about it for a while and decided to just ignore it. 

I left it for probably 6 months but it never went away and I noticed one more right next to it so I went back to the dermatologist. This was 2 months ago. Those went away but a couple weeks ago I saw more!!!!! One was on my behind and I even saw a couple on my stomach and back which I had not seen them spread there before so I freaked out. I put ACV on the biggest one and killed it but seriously irritated the skin around it. I decided not to go back to the dermatologist and to try something new. Starting last week I cut gluten out of my diet because I saw somewhere that it is possible if you are even slightly gluten sensitive, your body will focus on that instead of fighting the MC virus.  I also purchased Zymaderm from Amazon which is a topical solution designed specifically for molluscum. I've been applying it twice a day and most of the bumps I saw a week ago are gone aside from the bigger ones!!! 

They are not 100% gone yet but I am really hopeful that they will be gone soon. This has been an absolute nightmare and I fully understand all the anxiety and depression that comes along with this virus. I just wanted to share what has and has not worked for me in hopes of helping someone else. 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry to hear you've been dealing with this for so long! I'm literally in the same boat girl, except I'm really hoping I can kick this sooner. 😅 Glad to hear Zymaderm is working for you, I also bought that as my back up plan lol! Hoping my Dr wheatgrass stuff will do the trick though. Has the Zymaderm been causing you any irritation down there?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.