Molluscum Contagiosum - 2 years and still going- in need of guidance

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I'm still dealing with molluscum and I dont see an end to it. Please help!

My first molluscum appeared on my face. I have noticed it right away but I assumed its milia, so I began religiously exfoliating my face, which spread it all over. At this point I had around 15 lesions on my face, so i decided to visit the dermatologist (5 months after first seeing the lesions). The doctor scrapped them off and I thought it was over. He also tested my for HIV, which came back negative. Three months later they started appearing on my face again. At this point I only had 2 lesions on my face so I decided to let the virus run its course. WORST IDEA!! Fast forward one year and a half, I have 30-40 lesions on my face! Where old ones resolved, new ones will come up!

I've done bloodtests to figure out whats wrong with my immune system, and it turned out normal, other than vitamin D deficiency. I have been taking vitamin D for 8 months now and the molluscum is still there! I have also went back to get an HIV test just to make sure (since I didn't believe its been 2 years without going away). It came back negative as well.

Last month, I've decided to use Mollub, which is an irritant that uses Hydrogen Peroxide 5%. This has left huge scars on my face (probably permanent), but the virus was still there! even while I was healing from the second degree chemical burns, the virus did not die. So I decided to use Mollub to push the virus to the surface of my skin and then to squeeze out the white core. I was extra careful and used alcohol to disinfect everything and used the proper pimple popping tools. I even covered them with bandaid (for the ones that are healing) and tape (for the ones that are still forming the whitehead).

This seemed like a great idea, but today I woke up with the lesions on my neck, on my back and still on my face. Its been over two years since I was able to wash my face normally, to lean my head on my wrist, or even kiss my mother on the cheek! Its been horrible and I dont see an end to it. I am also scared that it'll start showing up all over my body... It seems like im at the worst stage I've been so far with many lesions on my back (15) and neck (10).

Another weird aspect I've noticed with the virus is that the lesions look much different than the initial ones I got (in my first year). Initially, it used to be one lesion or two in one area, relatively big and protruding. Lately, I've been getting tiny lesions, around 5-6, all clustered in one area in many different parts of my face, neck, and back.

Any tips on how I can treat them? I am open to any treatment at this point, regardless of how painful or how long it'll take! Thank you so much for reading this and thank you in advance for replying. For anybody dealing with molluscum, I feel for you, but dont give up yet! we wont let this silly virus get the best of us!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am really sorry to hear this! I am early in my journey with this misery, so unfortunately I don't have the wisdom you need now. I am just letting you know I hope that by now you are finding some resolution and that I feel for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.