molluscum contagiosum and PMR

Posted , 6 users are following.

We are expecting our grandchild this weekend who is currently suffering from molluscum contagiosum - we've established from Dr Google that it's part of the smallpox family. Not knowing if I had smallpox as a child, shall we put them off? Currently on 9mg prednisolne.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

PATSY,

Its related to chicken pox not smallpox. I would check with your doctor not Google. Mentioned in what I have read is a susceptibility by persons with immunodeficiency.

Why take a chance?

• Posted

Hi Patsy, when my grandson had chickenpox my son kept him away until he had the all clear.

i would ask your doctor to be sure, someone will be along to advise you, who is better informed than me.

take care

• Posted

As stated it's related to** chicken** pox - not smallpox.

It is extremely contagious and the virus can be live on surfaces touched by a person with the infection; other people can be then become infected after touching or handling the surfaces such as towels etc.

Advice from doctor is a must.

• Posted

Apologies = I did mean chickenpox! Thank you all for responses, heeded your warnings and visit cancelled, hopefully he will be better by Christmas!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.