Molluscum Contagiosum on a 3 year olds arm please advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

My 3 year old has had this Molluscum contagiosum for coming up a year now and im starting to worry it started with one spot which has now turned into 5. There are loads of very small what look like pimples appearing on her arms and hope to god that they are not the same thing as there's a large amount appearing.

Being told to wait it out by the doctor and have another appointment in 4 month, being very concerned ive been reading the internet which is in turn making me more even worried reading stories of others.

So many positives and negatives of cures, as well as scams of people cashing in on others misfortune which sickens me when your trying to find information on cures. I have not tried anything of yet.

I need advice from people that have had it in there young ones and cleared it.

Things ive been concidering is, thuja, apple cider vinegar, leaving it alone or squeezing the big ones which have the white bits in.

I did read this from the UK NHS site it was comment on treatment by a user on the site which caught my eye.

Quote hcs said on 24 May 2011

"My 9 year old daughter has had a significant case of this for two months and it was spreading, GP advice was to squeeze which i did not agree with. Having read this and other online sources I have treated it in with a variety of alternative remedies and it has virtualy gone in two weeks of treatment leaving only slight red marks but no scarring where the lesions were.

I used a combination of direct topical application of TCP and 11% liquid salicylic acid (Scholl callous and corn removal treatment) onto the central core surface of the lesions avoiding surrounding skin. Allowed this to dry, then spray with colloidal silver solution across the entire affected areas ( neck, armpit and tummy), allowed to dry and then plastered with Sudocreme directly over the lesions. This done every evening after bathing. In parallel oral supplement of a betaglucan (am empty stomach) and concentrated olive leaf extract (pm with food). Positive results within one week, 99% clear after two weeks. Also using the collidal silver spray in all other areas to protect against reinfection."

Thanks for taking the time reading.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had this since July 2011. Bought apple Cider vinagar 2 months ago and have been clear since. i do still put it on at night as I have read you can still get outbreaks up to 6 months after. so do still feel i have a way to go. Apart from smelling like at bag of chips it was painless and cheap. bought a large bottle for about 10.00. Like you say there are alot of products out there that are expensive and do not work. also built up my immune system taking more vitamins etc. didn't work alone but found it kept out breaks to a minimum (only had 3 at any 1 time). good luck with it i hope your daughter is clear soon.

kind regards.

• Posted

My 4 year old son is finishing up with them. First ones popped out in Feb. of 2013, and after he was diagnosed with MC I started using all natural remedies under the sun: probiotics twice a day, vitamins, no gluten diet, lots of veggies and fruit, lot of sleep, thuja occidentalis, apple cider vinegar, graipfruit seed extract, colloidal silver, tea tree oil, highly saturated salt solution, baking soda, etc. No significant improvement, I saw some activity going on--they would change color, size, shape--but would not go away until I saw iodine in my medicine cabinet. We used it twice a day, his chin was affected the most, and alternating with coconut oil--which is antibacterial to begin with. Still doing probiotics (its already a fourth bottle), and they are visibly drying out.

Iodine is super affordable, and effective. Good luck to you all! It has been such an experience!

• Posted

My 12 year old daughter had Molluscum Contagiosum for 4 months on her legs and I received no help from the doctors. I found it hard to believe there was nothing that could be done about it and horrified it could last up to 3 years. I was very concerned it might spread all over her body and onto her face. After scrolling the internet for advice, I tried lots of different suggestions. Finally we put Calamine Lotion on them through the day and duct tape through the night. After two weeks they completely went and no new ones have come through. I am so happy to see the back of them, and my daughter has got her confidence back. It might not work for you, but it did for us and I would definitely advice people to try it.
  • Posted

Hi and thanks so much for you review! I wanted to know, when you say put the dr sholl to the central core surface, are you talking about DIRECTLY ON THE BUMPS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.