MOM IN NEED... Im exhaused and just looking for help, possible pv or another blood disorder....

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I'm a 28 year old female who has had several symptoms that seem to leave my doctors confused. I have an on-going condition called Erthrocytosis (high rbc count) I got scleritis in my eye that lasted about a week, scarring my eye. I was told this typically comes from an autoimmune disease but was tested and nothing came back. I have been getting blood work since late December to have a better idea for my doctor to see where my blood ranges are, I have close to high wbc, close to high platelets, high hct, high hgb, high rbc, close to high lyphocytes and close to high neutrophils. The ones that say (close to high) are because they are still in normal range but are different from the past, these last 4 test they have all come back on the higher side, I have no cold, flu, or infection that doctors can find, I have had a CT with contrast, MRI with contrast both came back with nothing. For the past 5 months straight I have had the following symptoms:

• Fatigue
  • stomach/abdominal cramping
  • lost over 40 pounds in less then two months (this was my first symptom) now I am over 60lbs lost
  • excessive sweating, everyday on and off, through the night as well (also sometimes when cold)
  • bone pain in legs, tender to touch, sometimes all over my body tender (feels like bruises)
  • weakness/heaviness in arms and legs
  • shakes- hands and sometimes in upper body (so bad I won't be able to grip a pen)
  • constant dizziness, if i move my head to fast, get up too quickly, pick something off floor even leaving head elevated
  • confusion, sometimes not being able to remember what i was trying to tell someone in the middle of a story
  • trouble falling asleep either just can't or sometimes just can't get comfortable
  • bruises on my upper stomach smaller (nickle or dime) dark with no injury
  • overall easy bruising
  • headache that hasn't gone away, will go from being dull to excruciating
  • tiny pinpoint red dots appearing more and more everyday
  • since the scleritis i have had blurry/fussy vision, eyes are mucky looking not bright whites like I have always had, lots of red veins

I am waiting on the JAK2 mutation testing to come back, anyone have an idea how long that usually takes? Also is this mutation common to find?

I finally was researching on my own which usually leads to nothing good, but asked my doctor if it could be polycythemia vera or some sort of blood disorder? She said she was actually wanting to look into that more because this was something she had come up with as well.

I guess I am wondering about the mutation gene, Also if anyone else has gone through similar symptoms? Did you have pv or leukemia? Is the best way to find out for sure about pv, leukemia and other blood disorders done with a bone marrow test/biopsy? whats the likelihood of me having one of these types of cancers, even if my blood test are not exactly over the "normal"? What steps should I be pushing for with my doctors to get this sorted out? My doctor did tell me if these last blood test were still coming back the same then she would be sending me to the hematologist, but she also said something along the lines of they will look through my chart and see if they need to see you....

Feeling exhausted/drained from feeling so crappy. If anyone has some good insight I would appreciate it.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.