Mom thinks dad (47) might have cancer?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Age - 47 Weight - around 156 lbs Height 5'8-5'9 He doesn't take any meds. His bp has been high since last year

Anemic (thalessemia minor) Indian Current medications - doesn't take any meds Went for a check up for his chest pain - doc didn't find anything abnormal in his heart PMH- nothing only high BP, chews tobacco and drinks alcohol. No drug history

My mom and dad saw a doctor this week. I don't know what the doctor told my mom, my mom's english isn't that good. But when my dad wasn't there the doctor told her she suspects bone marrow cancer. I checked his liver, kidney, cholestrol levels , and diabetes and everything is normal atleast what the "note to patient" says. The only abnormal test is the CBC, he's anemic but he has thalessemia minor so he's always been anemic. The GFR NON AFR AMR seems a little low which his is 56 and the reference range is >=56. His GFR AFR AMR is >60, the reference range is >=60. My family and I've been having personal problems and she's has been guilt tripping me lately and just showed me the result today. She hasn't told anybody not even my siblings. I'm not sure if what she's saying is true to make me feel bad about my dad but I'm scared. He does chew tobacco and does drink which he's been limiting his intake. The doctor is gonna so further test to check his kidney levels. And my mom told me he might live for may be a 1 or 2. I don't know if she actually means it. I haven't been talking to her because of our arguments, this is why I'm not asking her any questions because she's guilt tripping me. But she gave me his lab results. My parents try to make me feel like I'm supposed to feel bad all the time. They make me feel like I'm supposed to be ashamed of something. And last year, when they both a had a big fight, my dad scared us by telling us he might have mouth cancer because the dentist told him to quit tobacco because he had harmless white spots inside his mouth. Had a test done for but doctor didn't find anything. I'm not saying he doesn't have anything but I'm really scared and confused.

This is what I see in his lab report Report Result Ref Range WBC 7.2 4.3-11.0 10e9/L RBC 6.98 4.44-5.5710e12/L HIGH HEM 12.9 13.4-17.44 g/dL MCV 61.6 82.5-98.5 fL MCH 18.5 27.5-33.5 pg MCHC 30.0 31.9-35.7 g/dl RDW 19.8 12.1-14.5 % RDW-SW 37.2 38.3-49.1 fL

Edit - Ok so I asked my mom what the deal was since my dad was gone somewhere for 4 mins. Here's what she told me. When they were heading home from the doc's office, they got a call letting my mom know that he needs to get a Kidney Function Test and that he needs to quit alcohol and tobacco as soon as possible. And mom seems a little shaken too. She didn't tell my dad about it (he was driving when they doctor called) because she didn't want to scare him. He's suffered from hypochondria in the past.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.