Mona Lisa did not work for me

Posted , 6 users are following.

after three treatments (completed about 18 mths ago now) ive experienced no changes. the treatment was excrutiatingly painful each time (i have always found pap tests painful too). has anyone experienced similar? any thoughts on attempting to get it done again?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Haven't had that done but my dr does it he saidtoo. How are you coping now ? This is awful for us

• Posted

hello YOLANDA

I agree with you. I am not so bad during day but the minute I get into a sleep I need to get up to the toilet and every 1.5 hours after that. It doesn't feel as bad during the day but all night it is just terrible. The feeling in my bladder is not good at all, when I NEED TO GO i could not wait a minute more because the feeling in my bladder is unbearable - then do a few drops go back to bed to be up again in an hour and a half. The next time I go I maybe do a bit more but never right. I continue to take the estriol cream half an applicator on a Wednesday and Saturday and probably need a whole applicator twice a week but am not keen on taking more estriol than I need although obviously what I am doing is not enough. We continue to look after our son and now my husband has to get two hip replacements - not at the same time but adds more stress to me because he will get one April May this year so I am busy trying to get extra care coming in here for our son who is 24 hour care because I can't do it all on my own. At present we only get care for half an hour in the morning and its very expensive.

Are you any better at all YOLANDA (this typing since last update is a right pest the capitals stay on and when I delete it deletes half my message) are you still suffering the same symptoms. What are you using just now.

• Posted

Olive, Happy New Year !Ive been thinking about you also! Well, seems just when it gets better it returns. Past week all tests back clear but getting sores again near entrance why? maybe I need a barrier cream of some sort, ive been seeing a urogyno but he just says water only and use the estradiol in and out. Hes keep ing me on Difflucan 1 a week to prevent the yeast coming back. This is something.Sorry you still have your problems also. Im so afraid to put more stuff down there but it never feels right, still itchy guess the dryness . Miss washing normal !

• Posted

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too Yolanda - we only have a shower room but maybe that doesn't help that I sometimes use baby bath to wash and wipes but if I use wipes I run them under the water first. Does your bladder ever feel bad too. are you up for bathroom trips too more than once..

its a terrible thing this and no matter what we do it makes no difference.

was thinking of you

• Posted

Olive, I stay up late so I tend to get up once through a sleep cycle.Dr said I have a small bladder so tend to use bathroom more than others, confusing that I feel yeasty and they say i have no infection, I have yeast/ steroid creams for outside but why must we be quessing all the time while drs take every test there are. Its so long you suffer too. Before the estradiol I felt like you did pressure and all and had uti sometimes, now its the raw itch and redness

• Posted

you know YOLANDA I had two or three quite good days but it started again and up 5 times during night last night, not so bad during day and its so cold here at the present time - got husband needing two hip replacements now so trying to get someone privately to come in 6am for our son before carers come in at 8.30am

we get half an hour the rest I do myself but cant lift son husband does that. Think the atrophy gets worse with worrying. Am so fed up of it. How are you I find the moisturiser makes it worse when at a time it has come back in fact was half blaming YES VM again I blamed it right at the beginning but thought later it helped a bit but doctor said only thing to help was the estriol cream and wanted me to take whole applicator twice a week but dont want to do that. dont want more than is safe.

• Posted

I had 3 or 4 treatments of mona lisa and it did not help me either. I have given up and just use a little premarin cream to keep things from getting too painful. I am dreading my pap this summer......last one was horrible......good luck.....sorry I don't have any help to offer.....I will not get it done again.....

• Posted

I had four treatments six weeks apart. They did not hurt me at all. It did not make my pain go away. Thought I would not ever get a bladder infection again and bingo.......got one. Now I use Imvexxy suppositories twice a week. I also go to pelvic floor dysfunction therapy. I am a lot better than I was a year ago but not there yet.

• Posted

hello FERN

I find the pelvic floor exercises do help and havent been doing them lately and could be the reason my bladder feels awful. I am up at least four/five times every night

do you use a moisturiser my doctor says the only thing to be of any good is the estriol cream.

I have been using diprobase moisturiser along with estriol but no help

u

• Posted

HI Olive

I only use Imvexxy twice a week. I believe that only estrogen will work. Have u been to a urologist to check your bladder? Do u drink a lot of liquids in the evening? A drop or two of urine sounds like u need a trip to urologisu. just my opinion of course.

• Posted

Hi Mria18,

I had my third treatment at the end of July and have more issues that have not resolved yet-yeast and bladder infections, dryness and so on.

My GYN MD thinks the treatments thickened the tissues and now absorption of medicine is not as effective. I am now trying Osphena-have been on this for 2 months. I am just having a difficult time still with yeast, BV and bladder infection. The MD thinks I need to persevere a bit longer. She said that the medicine may take up to 6 months for relief....I hope not. Chefblue

• Posted

Chefblue, thanks, ive not heard of this treatment. i looked it up and see its estrogen based, and unfortunately, and to make the situation worse, am on estrogen blockers due to breast cancer. i use the gels and creams which are only tokenistic and virtually useless. so, i started with atrophy first, then had to go on the blockers to top it off!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.