Mona Lisa Laser for tear

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 25 and was diagnosed with LS two years ago after having recurring tearing at the 6 oclock spot during sex. 

I have minor itching and a small spot with some fusing. I keep these symptoms at bay by using Clob now once a week and vaseline every day to keep it moisurized. When I have itching flare ups I'll use Clob every day, twice a day, and then reduce use. 

My tear is tiny, and after two years of not having any penetrative sex and seeing a PT, the external tear feels much stronger and I'm able to put quite a bit of pressure on it. BUT my internal tear, which is tiny and right at the opening, still opens up if I stretch too hard. 

I feel like the laser is my laser hope. I have been doing EVERYTHING I can to get better. 

Has anyone had any success with the Mona Lisa Laser for their tearing at the 6 oclock position???

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jess, I feel for you as I have had damage in the exact same place both internal and out. Opposite to you,I actually healed inside first. The good news is both are completely healed now. I have not had the Mona Lisa touch but have researched it and see that there are mixed views and experiences. After using steroid treatment and moisturising I have now gone onto dilation which is helping to stretch the surrounding skin. The tightness is what causes the tearing and even when healed and treatment in progress, any penetrative sex will just cause it to tear again. If you wish to resume a sex life, you must do something. Some people have had good results with Borax and there is a thread on here. I have been offered surgery if dilation is not successful but I am seeing results albeit slow. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

I have had 3 out of 6 Mona Lisa Touch treatments.

Working so far. My skin was relatively symptom free before we started. Used it outside only and dialed down frequency first two times. Third time was both inside and out. I go back this Friday for a progress check to see when next should occur. Made a BIG difference in structure of parts as I was almost as smooth as a plastic doll

• Posted

I expect to have 2 more. Then thec1 a year maint. Very pleased with the results
    • Posted

Hello 😊

Very encouraging to see you have success with the Mona Lisa Touch treatments.

Did you return for the final visits ? I was diagnosed through biopsy over a month ago & trying borax method to start. I’ve been given clob but rather not use it.

also read about something where they extract patients blood spin it & add some fillers , then inject into labia minora ect, 

I’d like to know how you rate the MLT if you’ve completed all the sessions.

thanks ??

• Posted

I would suggest Clobetasol two or three times a week regardless of whether you have an itch.

I had three treatments Mona Lisa. I think it improved the texture of skin but the LS is still there. I suggest you try dilation with lubrication and see if it helps.

Moisturize all the time.

Good luck.

• Posted

What kind of LS symptoms did you have before the laser and what symptoms are still there after?
  • Posted

It improved the texture of skin , looks more plump and pink.

The LS is still a problem with itching so I continue using Clobetasol.

Have you tried any moisturizers?  I use Aquaphor at all times.

Don't wear pants that touch and irritate the vulva.

Best wishes for you!  The skin can repair itself.  Be sure to discuss with your healthcare provider.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.