Mona Lisa Laser surgery in UK

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been using creams , lotions, Vagifem and the list goes on. They do give relief short term but things always return and the stingging , burning feelings on wanting to go to the toilet and just very sore  when moving around.  

Has anyone had the Mona Lisa Laser surgery here in the UK. I have recently requested prices from Harley Street and they are approx £3000 for a consultation with 3 treatments. Does this actually work? If anyone can give me their opionion on this treatment that would be good.

Thanks

Sandra 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had treatment in US. it worked for Me. Symptom free over a year
  • Posted

I am on Vagifem and will be lifelong.  If you go off the Vagifem, discomfort just comes back unfortunately.........it's the lack of estrogen with menapause......I don't hear from anyone yet about Mona Lisa treatments from the U.K. yet.  I hope you find answers and we all hope that if the Mona Lisa treatments work that insurance will start to cover it!

please keep us posted

Wendy

• Posted

I'm in the states and am also considering the Mona Lisa touch. I started biodentical hormones 2 mths ago and it seems I've had more issues on them then I did before. I think I've sat on ice more now in the last 2 months then in the last 1.5 years. Plus major weight gain around the middle that's super depressing because I only had 15 pounds to go till my goal. Iol go figure I left a bad marriage after 30 years 2 mths later started having vaginal dryness but did start losing weight.

• Posted

Hello Slk

i am so sorry to hear the biodentical hormones did not work for you.....it's so frustrating finding the right solution.  Are you not able to use the Vagifem tablets vaginally?  That is what does work for me as long as I keep it up....if I use less the discomfort starts back.  I'm sorry to hear about your marriage as well.  Look ahead to new beginnings and healing.

take care

Blessings,

wendy

• Posted

I' called pharmacist today I'm going to stay on hormones till at least sept and see if there's an approvement we talked and switched timing to take each one. Hopefully something turns for better. Lol as far as marriage it was a long time coming for years he kept saying he was leaving and never did so I said for my 50th I was and I did . thanks for replying. I'm going to look onto those tablets tho just in case

• Posted

Hello Slk

i just saw your reply today.  The Vagifem 10mg tablets does seem to work well for me.  They do have generic for it  too.. it's the same price with my insurance but there is a gal on here that gets the generic for a lot less so it depends in your insurance. I need the tablets 2x weekly some are on 3 or more times per week.  The doctors usually start you on 2 first to see how you do.  I did Estrace for two weeks first then started the Vagifem after stopping cream as I was in a lot of discomfort.

Our daughter is currently going through a divorce...difficult time...but pray for a good outcome......and for you as well.

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Sandra

Have you heard back from anyone yet from the U.K. With the Mona Lisa treatments?

wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy

No nothing.

Went to the GP today and I have now been put on estrogen cream as she feels this will work better for me than Vagiefem .

Another thing to try.

GP said she has not heard of this Mona Lisa treatment thats probably because only avaiable privately.

I will let you know if anyone contacts me with information.

Best wishes

Sandra 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.