Mona lisa more frequent

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had the mona lisa treatment a year ago and a touch up this year.  All was well , no UTI's, but now its back with a vengeance, utils that are resistant to Cipro and the pain is back.  Saw my uro/gyn and as I age the progression of the tissue deterioration has increased so I have another treatment scheduled.  Now they have something new called the DIVA in December. Looks like I will need it twice a year for now.  I just turned 73.  

Any others out there

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Oh, Nancyo, I sure hate hearing this. I am 71 and have had my first MLT and have not had any pain. I am scheduled to have my second MLT in December. I haven't heard about the DIVA. Is that something new? Are you in the States?  I hope this new treatment helps you. Please keep us updated.

• Posted

I hated to hear this too. It’s the only thing out there.  Diva is replacing my Mona Lisa here in California. Good news is my doc has the machine now tho still not insurance covered. Touch up $800.  Have no choice. Cant do my laundry get in pain.  Will keep you posted 
  • Posted

Thanks for the update. California is always on the cutting edge. I hope it helps you.
  • Posted

Feel I’m in the same place as you. Had such a good year after my 3 ML treatments, and had my Touch Up in Sept, but now having urinary frequency, and vaginal burning when I’m on my feet too long.  Started using my Estrace again, since I’m hoping the tissue might be more receptive to it after the last ML treatment.  How can it work so good for a year, and then suddenly stop?? I was debating whether to have the yearly touch up since I was feeling so good, and was good for most of a month after.  AAARGH..so frustrating😱

• Posted

You are so right.  After a good year I can’t bear the thought of dealing with this again. Dr told me tissue had deteriorated and so another treatment in a few weeks. Last one April  so it’s 8 months. Will let you know if it works and who knows for how long

This should so be covered by insurance 

• Posted

Hi Nancyo: Looks like we are still traveling this road together. I am getting another Mona Lisa next week which will be just  6 months since the last one---and I need it. The Dr. now allows it every six months if needed. I am almost 70. Let me know what the DIVA treatment is. 
    • Posted

Hi Jean... its so discouraging.  this UTI really knocked me out, two different antibiotics and still dealing with it.  when antibiotics are done will do a retest to see if UTI is gone and then do the DIVA.  Will let you know what the difference is but thats the machine my doctor has now.  The old pain came back, and I am sure I will need it every six months or more often.  

Ugh

• Posted

Hi ladies, just wondering  if you are continuing to use local oestrogen following your course of MLT?

the MKT improves the skin and mucosa, but without any oestrogen it will gradually deteriorate again and you’ll be back to square one.

By using local oestrogen after MLT course, the tissues will be maintained.

• Posted

I use Vagifem 2x a week and I still get the MLT about every 6 months. With that combo I am able to feel pretty good. Without the MLT, the Vagifem alone didn't help at all. I am allergic to all other estrogen creams.

• Posted

I too find most oestrogen creams make things worse, more soreness and burning!

i use the estring and a small amount of organic coconut oil around the outside, I’ve just completed my course of MLT and I’m so much more comfortable now.

im only 53 and it’s very concerning to think I might have to manage this for a lot of years 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.