Mona Lisa Touch

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, is there anyone who can say that since having the ML Procedure, they have been free from the vaginal dryness/soreness and have been able to discontinue the need for HRT, I have had my first ML procedure, but after looking on these forums I can't say that I have seen anyone actually saying this, I was hoping to stop having to take vagifem after having this ML done after the third treatment, but it seems that most ladies still have to continue with HRT after all the procedure does not solve the problem of oestrogen deficiency just repair/ rejuvenation to the vaginal tissues/ walls, I think I was just wishful thinking.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kathryn... that would be me...  I don't use any HRT... it took awhile after the last treatment.,, there was a month or so of feeling the stinging, etc. but its been about 1 1/2 years... no more uti's and sometimes I feel dry and use coconut oil but that is it.  I do not trust HRT and its claims of not causing cancer in the cream form ...  For me the MLT was a lifesaver ....  I am 72 now and hope everyday it stays this way.... will do touch ups once a year or more if I need it...

• Posted

Oh, Nancyo, that is so good to hear. I had my first treatment on Wednesday, and today, I feel pretty good.  I was instructed to use coconut oil during the healing process. I cannot use anything that contains estrogen as I am a breast cancer and ovarian cancer survivor.  I will be 71 soon so it's good to know I am in such good company.

• Posted

Hello, I've only had the one MLT and a few weeks later that familiar discomfort burning/soreness etc so still using vagifem but believe that the first treatment does very little , on the positive side sex was very painful afterwards and that has totally ,totally gone which is unbelievable although for me the main objective was totally eliminating HRT as I am so pessimistic about using it but unfortunately a necessity to have any quality of life, looking at other people's experience many are totally positive about the procedure but for me early days yet at least it has cured one issue let's hope the other issues clear up too.

• Posted

Hi Kathryn I've had two treatements and am only using Vagifem about once every 7-10 days mainly because my eyes get really dry - it was always a trigger for me when this happened.  I have not had any soreness, UTI or need for lubricants since the first treatment so for me it is a miracle.  The second was more painful and I believe the third may be too but the difference in my life is incredible.

• Posted

Hey Linda, Was the second process more painful or was it after the fact, the healing process?  The first day after the process, urinating was painful, due to the burning. So just wondering. I can deal with a little pain now if this MLT will work for me.
    • Posted

Hi Linda no it was definitely more painful.  The consultant explained that they turn the intensity up for 2nd and 3rd and they also do the outer lips too on these.  plus there was a horrible smell of burning flesh which was very unpleasant.  I had some burning on the outside for about 3 days and was worried all the symptoms were back but have been fine since.  This burning was no were near as bad as normal burning sensation without the treatment.
    • Posted

Thanks, I feel I can endure short term pain if it will help me not to have the constant pain when urinating and frequent UTI's. I appreciate your honesty.

• Posted

Thanks for your stories, ladies.  Can I ask - is the MLT just helping with the soreness from dryness, or are you actually able to have pain-free sex?  
    • Posted

If not too personal..  just this is a huge issue for me and I am desperate to do something to help my relationship with my husband - I hate this!!
    • Posted

Hey Creative, that is what is so wonderful about this website, we are a group of women, various ages with different issues and we can come together and discuss our personal health problems, share our thoughts and hopefully help each other.

I can't answer your question as I have only had one treatment but in my discussion with the doctor that is one of the issues the MLT is supposed to address. Have you done your research on this procedure and/or had an appt. with a doctor to discuss this?

• Posted

Absolutely massive change no need for lubricants or anything else, no soreness during or after and my husband said he could tell a huge difference in the way it felt.
    • Posted

So glad it worked for you.  It’s like the last chance to feel normal.  Grateful here 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.