Mona Lisa Touch is Now Covered by Insurance.....

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I had my second Mona Lisa Laser treatment, the day before yesterday, here in the United States, in the State of Florida.  My doctor told me that Medicare is just about to approve coverage of the Mona Lisa.  He said it should be covered in about two-three months.  When I mentioned that I do not have Medicare, but Blue Cross/Blue Shield, he said that once Medicare approves coverage, all other insurance companies follow and will also provide coverage.

Has anyone else heard this info from their doctor?  He was so excited about it!

If it is true, I have one thing to say, HIP HIP HURRAY!!!!

3 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds great but frankly Insurance companies are not covering many things they used to,so i wont hold my breath.
    • Posted

Hi Lee,

My doctor was very confident that Medicare approved coverage already and Mona Lisa should be available for coverage by Medicare and other insurance companies very soon, within a couple of months.  He was positive.  I hope he is correct!

• Posted

Oh im glad for that,its just some ins companies really like to deny new treatments. I have one of those companieswhich i wont namr..
  • Posted

What is Mona Lisa later treatment ??
    • Posted

Hi Jemma,

Mona Lisa laser treatment is a laser treatment for vaginal dryness, astrophic vaginitis and symtoms of estrogen deficiency particularly after menopause such as vaginal pain, vaginal itching, vaginal soreness, vaginal dryness.  It is a series of three laser treatements inside the vagina that takes about three minutes, with little or no pain during treatment.  The laser was created in Italy and now made its way here to the US where it has been approved by the FDA.

Many women are finding fantastic relief from it.  I have had two treatments so far and are hoping for great results.

You can visit Mona Lisa Laser official site and read all about it.  It is a great solution for women who do not want to take hormone therapy.

• Posted

Thank you for your helpful reply!

I have had BV for a real long time now, itchy, sore discharge that the doctors can not get to the bottom of.

Would this be a recommended therapy?

• Posted

Please keep us posted Alexandria on how you are doing with the treatments. What were your symptoms leading you to the treatments....VA or AV?  Do you get treatment done by GYN doctor or Urologist?

i sure do hope our insurance will cover this although I think it is wishful thinking.  I am on Vagifem but would be nice if we wouldn't have to if this treatment works..I look forward to hear how you ladies are doing.

thank you

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Jemma,  No the Mona Lisa laser is not for that but are you sure it is BV?  Doctors treated me for months thinking I had BV and a yeast infection when in reality I had atrophic vaginitis which is the term for a lack of estrogen due to menopause.  If a woman is breastfeeding she can experience the same symtoms due to lack of estrogen. If you have gone through menopause or are just about to or are going through it now you could have atrophic vaginitis.  It does often cause discharge and in many cases burning, soreness and itchiness.  
    • Posted

Hi wendy.  I have AV and have severe symptoms for over a year now.  Extreme pain, burning and soreness in my vagina deep inside and also on outside which makes it miserable to sit. I am in constant pain.  It has affected my urethra as well.

My gynocologist does not offer the Mona Lisa laser but I found one in my area of Florida who does and for a reasonable price.  Hopefully insurance will cover this soon as my doctor said.

I had my second treatment three days ago now but no improvements.  The doctor said that my case is severe and I probably won't get relieve until two months after my last treatment although many women get relief faster.

Is the Vagifem helping you?  If so, how long did it take to work for you? What were your symptoms? 

• Posted

Hello Jemma,

I have read elsewhere that it is a very good treatment for BC

• Posted

I posted a reply but can't find it now, do am re-posting, apologies for the duplication

BVis not an indication on its own for the laser treatment but I have heard from doctors who do it that as a side effect of doing the laser treatment for VA, the BV clears up completely.

• Posted

Thank you ! I am 22 years old. Will they preform this treatment on me?
    • Posted

AV is Atrophic Vaginitis that is what my GYN calls it.  Eveidently I am assuming that VA is the same thing?
    • Posted

Hello

YES the Vagifem is working for me.  First my doctor had me use Estrace cream internally for 2 weeks THEN start Vagifem 2 X weekly.  Yes it did take several weeks for me to feel normal again...it takes time......but it works.  Some need more than 2 Vagifem.  I had a set back recently because of a UTI...evidently it irritated that area so I felt like I still had a UTI when I didn't so I put some Estrace cream on the outer area and I'm feeling back to normal again....thank you Lord!!

my symptoms for Atrophic Vaginitis was feeling like I had a UTI but didn't.  Very uncomfortable!! Some experience burning but mine was not bad especially after the Estrace cream. 

Hang in there Ladies!

Wendy

• Posted

AV is atrophic vaginitis which is when the vaginal walls become thin and inflammed due to lace of estrogen, usually resulting from menopause when estrogen levels drop significanty. It can cause painful intercourse, or in worse cases, constant burning and soreness inside and outside the vagina.
    • Posted

VA is vaginal atrophy. The lining of the vagina becomes thin,dry and irritated.
    • Posted

Thanks, yes, I know. I asked the question because Wendy asked "you do you have VA or AV? " so I wondered what she meant.

• Posted

anything ending in "itis" means inflamation, hence "vaginitis"  It doesn't have to be caused by infection.  My vaginal  inflammation is caused by dryness.  It is called "atophic" vaginitis because the lack of estrogen causing my dryness can cause the vagina to atrophy (shrink or change).

• Posted

Oh! forgot to say!  I believe AV  (atrophic vaginitis) and VA (vaginal atrophy)are the same thing.  At least when  referred to in this discussion. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.