mono

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, im a female currently turned 24. so around the end of jan i started having a really hard time breathing i went to the er and doctors multiple times finally after many blood work i found out i had mono , ive been having a hard time breath ever since the end of jan and ive been very weak at times & it has caused me major anxiety and depression i literally feel like crying all the time because of my breathing i always feel like its hard to breath and shortness of breath, when i went to my dr he told me the symptoms can linger for months and tried giving me some meds for depression\anxiety which im not a fan of but i did try it and stopped right away because it made me feel worse... i truly feel like crap and its been making my life miserable!!! then i started to feel a little better with the breathing but now im feeling the same my throat does burn a little bit sometimes, also then i started thinking maybe its not mono maybe it could be allergies i went to the dr got inhaler and steroids but it still didnt really help me, all i know is my breathing started because of mono around jan and now were about to be in june . im truly upset that my breathing isnt better 😕//// please if anyone has pr had mono and youve had the same experience as me please let me know thank you ❤❤

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

this was my exact experience- even with the anxiety meds and steroids. nothing helped except for time. it does go away- hang in there! i thought my breathing would never get better and had anxiety that they were missing something seriously wrong but it was just the mono. Mine started getting better after i took supplements to support my immune system but im not sure if that was a coincidence! feel free to message me!

• Edited

thank u so much for ur reply!! ive been taking more stuff now, i did feel better in april but then i kinda stopped taking my vitmians which is dumb lol, but how long did it fully take u to get ur breathing better? and what supplements do u take? its def scary having a hard time breathing all the time

• Posted

it took around 3 full months for it to go away for me and then i would get it a little bit in bad days but not as severe. it was so hard to deal with but randomly i just noticed it starting to get better! i took vitamin D, vitamin C, olive leaf capsules, and homeopathic EBV drops given to me by a naturopath. all in all, i think it just took time because i got sick in december and still struggle with other symptoms currently! youll get through this! It is insane how a virus can cause this when nothing is actually wrong!

• Posted

i just hope that this virus ends soon it truly sucks and messes with you so bad!!

• Posted

hi monica, have your doctor test for ebv early antigen, and ebv quantitative pcr. have you tested that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.