Mono

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so I have had mono for about 7 days now and I have just started college. Currently it is 2:24 am and I cannot sleep at all and I do not know what to do. I am just lying here and looking at the ceiling and no matter what I do I just cant get tired or fall asleep.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kenzie,

when I first came down with it, I didn't sleep for days, then that became intermittent and now I sleep very badly every night. I've been sick for almost 5 months and now also find it utterly impossible to sleep in the day without being heavily medicated. The cruel thing is that this thing is supposed to make you tired and sleepy. I wish I could sleep though it, but the opposite has happened to me. I get around 5 hrs of bad sleep in 24. I can't ever sleep past 4 am and sometimes I'm so ill I dont sleep at all.

• Posted

Hi Kenzie,

I am not sure why it does this, the first time I had it I was exhausted, the second time it was hard to sleep, Just the last few days I am getting better sleep, hopefully this passes quickly for you.

If you nap do it early in the day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.