Mono and abdominal pain/gastritis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I'm on my 4th month of mono and luckily doing better, but recently i feel this constant knot or tightness in my abdomen. it never goes away and causes me a-lot of discomfort all the time - even hard to sleep. I went to urgent care and they said its probably gastritis but I'm not sure because acid reducing meds arent helping. Has anyone has this symptom with mono?

i would appreciate any advice!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Most likely gastritis... I had it.

• Posted

Hi Jay,

can i ask what yours felt like? mine is constant so just a little worried- i am going to see GI soon

• Posted

It felt like how you described it.. like a tightness in the abdomen and it would hurt on and off randomly. Especially when i would put pressure on it. Its because the ebv/mono inflames your stomach. One thing i do to get rid of the inflammation is lemon water & cucumber juice first thing in the morning. Gi gave me meds but none worked. They might work for you. Hope you feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.