mono and bad anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

i was diagnosed with mono a month ago and i have been dealing with multiple symptoms (fatigue , chest pain , muscle/joint aches , headaches , tingling sensations in different parts of my body , and a small tremor in my hands) but my anxiety seems to be getting worse. i went to the er twice, once because i was scared i was having stroke (the chest pain and tingling sensations) and the other was because my fatigue and dizziness (?) came back after a week of me not having it and it just put me into panic mode but them telling me that all the tests came out fine and it was the mono. i asked for something to help with my anxiety and they gave me hydroxyzine but it doesnt help at all so i stopped taking it after 1 week of it and now im having trouble sleeping and concentrating because i cant help but feel like there something seriously wrong with me and i have been having hypnagogic hallucinations (i think is what its called based off google) where i imagine vivid things as i try to fall asleep and react to it and it SERIOUSLY freaks me out because im not sure if its from the mono and/or anxiety but im feeling so overwhelmed and tired of this whole thing. im 19 and it already feels like its taken over my life since its all i think about all day. i have an appointment later today with my doctor hoping to get some help but im writing this as im currently having trouble sleeping at 8am. i just wanna know if this will ever end or if it gets even slightly better because i cant help but feel like it wont.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi Dave,

You are very early in the process, yes these feelings are very much part of the mono process. It takes a very long time to recover. The anxiety is the worst part in my opinion.

• Edited

omg dave26017, i can fully relate, i had to be hospitalized 3 times because of the anxiety in mental health, i did not know what was wrong with me, i could not sit still or remain calm, they also gave me hydroxizine and it did not work at all, it made it worse, on top of anxiety, i developed insomnia, also tremors in my hands, this is crazy, this virus is horrible and don't wish it on anyone, so many different symptoms that i never had in my life, yes chest pain and tingling sensation, i can so relate, burning of skin throughout my whole body, i'm so glad i found this forum, there is not enough information and education out there, it can happen to anyone, i was a very energetic person before this, now, slightest effort of doing things makes me so tired, please keep posting dave, we all in this together

• Edited

thank you for replying! it makes me feel better knowing im not the only one having all kinds of trouble when dealing with this infection. i actually started feeling completely fine a week after i made this forum (aside from the slight tremor) and up until a few days ago i started feeling weird again. the tremor isnt as bad as it was but now im starting to get different-ish symptoms. the tingling has started happening a bit around my chest and my sense of smell has been a little confused. my right arm is tingling more often than the other and im having a bit of brain fog. im trying not to worry so much but when i forget something quickly it kind of scares me. i have a feeling it might be in relation to covid but i have not gotten tested yet. this is definitely gonna be a long journey for all of us but im hoping we all make it through!

• Posted

i've read somewhere either here or on fb ebv group, that you can have symptoms abc today, then tomorrow symptoms def, and then something different, and then symptoms abc start again, there is so much unknown about this virus

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.