Mono and Jaundice?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone experienced jaundice with mono? Some sites say it’s pretty common while others say it’s rare. Just wondering as I think my husband may have mono (going to the doctor Monday!) but his eyes are looking a bit yellowish in certain lights.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I was a bit jaundice for about a week. Drs usually check liver enzymes to make sure it’s functioning properly. 

Good luck and Be Well🙏🏻

• Posted

Thank you! Did this happen early in the virus? 
    • Posted

Yes, I was about two weeks in when I became jaundice.  It wasn’t too bad, only slightly. 
  • Posted

No hon. I didn’t ever show as jaundice in blood work or in my skin’s appearance. I’ve had EBV for seven years.  I was jaundice at 8 yrs old with hepatitis so I know what it looks like.  I’ve not heard of jaundice with EBV....but everyone is kinda different. 

Have his labs checked on a deep molecular level. My EBV was just discovered a few months ago. It’s amazing what they are doing these days. 

• Posted

It is common as Mono impacts your liver. I had it in week 1 and 2, along with swallen/puffy eyes. Think the stats might be something like 1 in 5 people suffer from it.
  • Posted

Hi Tara,

I have heard and read too that jaundice can happen during mono. It wasn't something I experienced when I went through this but it may be possible, but of course there could be lots of reasons for it. Really hoping that your husband is feeling much better soon and that the doctors can be of help - make sure they do a blood test for mono, and hoping that seeing the doc and doing this can offer reassurance and that things can really start to get better soon.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.