Mono and prolonged bowel problems?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. Going on 3 years post mono and still having loose stools almost every day. They are not watery and not frequent. sometimes they are accompanied by cramping and urgency. has anybody else experienced this? could this be caused by mono?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi hunter! I'm not too sure. I had weird stomach stuff and ibs/gastritis. Went to gi but they didnt find anything concerning at that time. Maybe you should see a gastroenterologist and have an endoscopy/colonoscopy done? 3 years is a while. Hope this gets better for you.

Jay

• Posted

hi Hunter,

i only have these issues when i have first initial flare up (acute phase) but aware everyone is different and my stomach is very tense all the time since getting Mono due to my nerves i think like a nervous tummy from stress. have you been checked for IBS?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.