Mono and Sore throat/ tonsillitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm female,25 and I've been diagnosed with mono 4 months ago. I've been healthy all my life and never suffered from pharyngitis / sore throats before. The first 3 weeks were terrible. Now I feel slightly better but I still feel tired most of the time. What's really bothering me is my throat. It still looks red and the tonsils have white patches / pus inside. They're not really swollen. My throat doesn't hurt, it just doesn't feel right and recently I've been having bad breath and an altering taste in my mouth. I just wanted to ask anyone who had sore throat / tonsillitis from mono, how long did it take to recover and what did you do beside gargling salted water? Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Tea,

So sorry to hear you have been going through mono, my story was very similar to yours in that I got the virus when I was 25 and otherwise fit and healthy. The first 3-4 months were by far the worst for me, it really floored me completely and felt awful and fatigued and just constant low grade running fever all the time. It was an awful experience and got me so down having to be off work for a long time too.

Just want to reassure you that this virus does get better, this phase you are in right now is the worst and the intensity does lessen after that - don't panic if it still takes a wee bit of time for full recovery, that is normal and was the case for me, but with God's mercy and time thankfully I did get better and back to full health again, even when I thought I never would. Taking vitamins and herbs can really be helpful so maybe worth considering for sure if not already doing so, a good strong multi-vitamin and immune boosting herbs like oregano, siberian ginseng and echinicea, all good for the throat too, and Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day) and B complex for energy levels.

Hang in there and remember this DOES pass and you will get better!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.