Mono fatigue for over a year?

Posted , 4 users are following.

has anyone had fatigue that has lasted over a year with mono? is this cfs? im so fatigued i have derealization still and a complete lack of joy for life like I'm shut off from the world because the mental exhaustion is so strong. I can't imagine living a life like this and im so worried ill never get better. It seems inpossible for my body to heal and at time i just wish i had a new body and I don't want to live in this one no more because it doesn't work. Does it actually get better and will i ever feel joy and energy again or am I just living a miserable cursed life. i can't live like this. I'm so afraid .

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica,

Yes, you will eventually feel normal again 1 year seems to be the beginning of recovery, it starts out very slowly with little windows of feeling better, this phase lasts for awhile and then you might have a good day here and there and then one day you will recover its a long process.

• Posted

i got mono in feb of last year and fatigue was one of my symptoms i would have it so bad but after a while it does get better! we all just recover differently dont lose hope! ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.