Mono for bit over a year

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am always bit tired; feel like I have a fever but no temperature on thermometer ;sore throat often; headache when very tired; lymph node still up in cervical regions.

I am anxious about my future... can anyone reassure me that all this is fine?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessie,

You will recover, it took me around a year to start the recovery process, my daughter and granddaughter also. Keep checking in with the doctor for blood work. Maybe an infectious disease doctor as they have more experience with mono.

• Posted

How did you know when you were recovering and when could you start exercising regularly?

Thanks so much for your reply!

• Posted

I started having little periods of feeling better, an up and down process. I would start with very short walks and build up from there if it doesn't set you back, I would gradually increase. I had covid three months ago so I had a set back with that and haven't started exercising yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.