Mono leaving me hopeless

Posted , 11 users are following.

I’m an 18 year old female who got hit pretty hard with mono. I got a strange feeling in my head as if I was drunk and felt like fainting where I ended up going to the hospital. There I was given an antibiotic that caused an adverse reaction and I’ve been struggling with a fast heart rate ever since (cardiologist says it’s related to mono). I have had about every symptom there is. Dry eyes, headaches, neck and head pressure, body aches, dizziness, lightheaded, ringing ears, terrible brain fog feeling along with the depression and anxiety that has settled in. It’s been a struggle to even leave the house, this is going on two months now and i feel so hopeless. I had to drop my college a week before finals and it seemed to have hit me when my life was at its best. I don’t wish this on anyone and I am just looking for some support that it is going to get better, I feel hopeless. 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Christina,

All the symptoms you have listed are normal and I have had every single one also. I am at the 9 month mark now and have seen only a very slight improvement.

The biggest thing for me has been accepting in my mind that I am ill and that I have to allow my body whatever time it needs to make a full recovery. I do what I can and don't push myself.

I have also been working on my diet along with taking Siberian Ginseng, Vitamin B11 and high doses of Vitamin C daily to help keep away any other nasty colds / viruses.

Be patient, relax and you will get better.

I am 26, Male and in the UK.

Best wishes,

Sam x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.