Posted , 3 users are following.
I'm still seeking answers and driving myself mad in the process.
TL;DR: I had something mono-like (hence the username) and am still suffering, so I'm wondering if anybody has had a mono-like illness? What it was like? How did you overcome it? Or anything else you think may be of help to someone going mad with worry!
My current diagnosis from various doctors is "virus and anxiety".
Here's the full story so I can finally get it all out there:
My history for some context.
* I've had something like this before, I don't remember it lasting 5 weeks though (8 years ago).
* Was a "sickly" child, but haven't had any major health issues since that instance 8 years ago, barely get colds or flu.
* Before my recent problems started, I was getting phlegm/trouble clearing my throat. I used to have to clear phlegm from upper throat/nose area, but more recently it had moved to the throat region. (This has been going on for weeks).
* I smoke and drink, which causes me to have an underlying health anxiety about not having quit or reduced both of those habits.
More recent Pre-flu-like/virus/mono-like illness:
These are some things I remember experiencing looking back over the past couple months, and before the flu-like symptoms came about.
* Kept thinking I could see things
* Some bad dreams
* Slight "twinge" in middle right abdomen area once or twice
* One night sweat episode, which I thought was a good thing that my body was clearing some toxins out
* Not sleeping well, having to take afternoon/evening naps
* Need to clear my throat as mentioned above
* Generally feeling anxious about my health
My current condition.
5 weeks ago:
* I was eating something and felt like I was forcing myself, my mouth was going dry and I was having some minor trouble swallowing.
* I felt generally unwell
* I then came down with a flu/cold-like thing with high fever, sweating, shakes and all kind of other flu-ish symptoms. (No real cough)
* I had a click when swallowing (this went after about a day)
* Random body pains, upper back, lower right abs, lower left abs, groin area
* Thinking I had swollen nodes (5 doctors say otherwise)
* Some diarrhea for a couple of days, then one more bout about a week later.
* Weakness, fatigue, tremors, etc etc.
My current symptoms are:
Dry mouth (mostly morning)
Tonsils still looking red/swollen (both sides),
I can feel nodes in all kinds of places (small, squishy and movable)
Chills (hot flashes sometimes too)
Constipation (I think it might be caused by Ativan)
Minor occasional tinnitus
Feeling weak/shaky (Could also be the Ativan's fault?)
Anxious (Well, I was diagnosed with anxiety!)
My doctor prescribed me with Sandoz Momesetone (sp?) for post nasal drip, and Ativan (0.5mg) for the anxiety. So some of my current symptoms could be being caused by those 2 meds. I've not taken either of them today, because I want to figure out what the cause is. Is it me or the meds? (Might take a while to find out I guess).
Doctors follow-up is Wednesday, so hopefully I can get my mind put to rest then.
0 likes, 5 replies