Mono or not?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, my name is Christina and I have been feeling off and on sick since December. I have had a loss of energy, sore throat, fatigue, headaches and chills in my body. Everytime I go see a doctor they just say it’s a virus so they can’t give me anything and that it will go away. Today I went to the doctor again as I began to feel down again after one week that was good. I took a blood test and the results will come in about a week. My whole life I have been struggling with being sick. This has affected me in school and my sports. I love running, but the past months I haven’t had any energy to go for a run, and when I do it often makes me feel worse. I just feel as if my body just gives up on me every few weeks. I am also in a very hard program at school and I only have one year left. Me being sick has affected my attendance so badly that I might have to repeat a year if it continues, and I don’t think I will be able to live with myself if that happens.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Christina,

So sorry to hear you have been feeling so unwell. The symptoms you describe do sound like a mono / glandular fever type illness, but you did the right thing going to get some blood tests that is the way they can tell if they do a test for EBV virus usually.

Remember put your health first, it's so hard I know when under pressure with things, it always seems like things hit at the worst possible time - try and get plenty of rest and take vitamins and herbs can be really helpful with these kind of viruses - I took (and take) a good strong multi-vitamin per day, high doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), B complex (for energy levels and nervous system) and an immune boosting herb like echinicea or siberian ginseng.

Thinking of you and hoping that you feel better soon too. And remember even if you take some time off the running and stressful activity, that's okay and wise and you will get back to it again once this is over. If it is mono or something similar, your body does recover it can take a few months but you do definitely get there and back to full health again.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.