Mono Side Effects

Posted , 6 users are following.

So glad I've found this group.    I've been dealing with this for about 10 months now.    It comes and goes in varying degrees.   I was wondering if anyone else suffered with gallbladder problems along with it.   I had to have mine removed the end of September.   I assumed it was just one more thing but would like to hear from anyone who had similar issues.    If I overdo to any degree I'm down for days.   Please tell me that it ends sometime!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had pain in the left side of ribcage and when I went to doctor they found that my gallblader was deformed. That happened because of the spleen enlargement, I guess, which is typical for mono. Anyways, I had pain in there for like 10 months and now It's gone, so It's restored back to normal state.

• Posted

Hi patsy,

yes! All my symptoms used to come and go all the time, thy weren't constant or consistent. I'm at around 14 months but the last 5 weeks I've felt so near normal, so don't worry this will go for you too, it's just takes a lot,of time.

Caroline x

• Posted

Hey Patsy,

So sorry to hear you've had such a terrible time with mono....really do empathise having been through the virus for a similar length of time to you about 10 years ago. Just want to reassure you that even after this length of time things do get better - at that stage before i was thinking I was stuck that way and having to live my life in that struggle - but things do change and it does still get fully better from this point. Let me assure you that you will have to go through NOTHING like the 10 months you have been through again, Year 2 is a cakewalk compared to what you've been through, and by that stage I was really starting to feel much more like myself again - so just to offer hope and let you know I believe you still will make a full recovery.

Vitamins and herbs really helped me....taking a strong good multi-vitamin per day, alongside high doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), B complex (great for energy levels and nervous system) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and echinicea. Enough Vitamin D, especially in winter, also really good, Evening Primrose Oil another good one for calming the nervous system and boosting immune system.

So sorry to hear about the gallbladder problems too....what a terrible time you've had. I had all sorts of aches and pains with it, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was linked, maybe others might be able to advise if they've experienced that too when going through it.

Thinking about you and categorically YES YES YES there is an end to this - I thought mines never would too but I got there thanks to God and believe that God will heal you Patsy and you will return to full health - hang in there and just take things one day at a time.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you all for your encouragement!    I'm more fortunate that some.   I'm retired so I don't have to battle the work issues.    If I know there's an end in sight I can handle anything!     I think this forum was just what I needed and I'll continue to visit for sure!!!

• Posted

Hang in there Patsy - just take your time with things and good that you don't have the stresses of work, but for sure this thing can still get you down as you want to be active and living a normal and healthy life I know. And there IS an end to this virus for sure and you WILL get there - without any doubt, despite how tough it's been and is right now. God will bring healing and new beginnings in your life I totally believe that.

For sure the forum is a great place....there's such good will amongst the people who post on here and it would defo have been something that would have helped me when going through it and dealing with all the physical and emotional ups and downs. Thinking of you and hang in there.

Crai

• Posted

I had one week where I Began to feel half normal!    Yeah.    I went out for a day of light shopping and lunch and it hit me hard again.    Down for a week now.   Chills, dry mouth, stomach problems.   No fever but I feel like I have one.    Whew.    Neck glands achy at night only and sleep through the night is hard to come by.   I just feel like liquid.   I can do just one job around the house a day and I'm in.    I understand everyone's frustration.    I have things I want to do!    

• Posted

Hi patsy,

i feel and understand the frustrations.... That week will turn into longer periods. I had a great 9 week stretch that was at my 12 month point, then a wonky 3 days when I felt symptoms come back slightly but I'm back feeling better again. It's just so ridiculous how long it takes to get better. 

Slowly slowly!!! 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.