Mono?? STD??

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been having night sweats, burning sensation in my throat, and spots in my throat that feel like grain of salt. image

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i forgot to say i got mono at 15 while at a camp.

• Posted

@alana67263 i have not be confirmed mono. i have been sick for 2 months. i went to urgent care twice. first time i was told i had a sinus. and the next time i was uri . i even mention i had a spot in my mouth. the doctor assure me it was because of the infection after a round of antibiotics it would go away. here i am a month later and the spots still havent went away.

• Posted

How long have you had all those symptoms? The full 2 months? Are they non-stop? Any other symptoms? Have you had bloodwork or tests done for anything yet? I would say you need to start there. I began with tiredness and a burning sore throat. The tiredness got better but the throat hurt for 10 days. Then night sweats began and weeks later I still have them and seem to actually be getting worse. It really worries me. I also began to develop more tiredness and muscle soreness a few weeks after I started. It seems I'm getting worse in the 2-4 weeks after onset rather than better which is the time frame doctor's say you will feel better.

• Posted

@JustMeHere i have had the symptoms in my mouth for the whole two months. my night sweats are on and off. i havent had blood work but im planning on going . i stay tired. and have been having brain fogs. i have mono before and my throat hurt worse but i didnt have a rash.

• Posted

Too bad doctors haven't tested already of your throat has hurt for 2 months. That is a long time. Sounds like mono but what I have learned through my journey which adds to my stress is all these symptoms are similar to other things so testing is first and then see from there. I tested positive for mono but still because of other circumstances and the reasons and possibilities of false positives I continue to stress and wonder. I'm trying to stay off Dr Google but it's hard. Good luck and keep up posted.

The best thing I've discovered at least through my online searching is that these forums where we share with each other is the best and most reassuring thing to get through this.

• Posted

@JustMeHere hopefully i can get my doctor to finally test. i cant take the pain much longer. and yes i have learned to stay off google because it will tell you. you have something and make you freaked out more.

• Posted

Keep us posted on how you're doing. It really helps having a community to discuss this with. I hope all goes well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.