Mono symptoms (sore throat)

Posted , 6 users are following.

I believe that I've had mono for just over a month, it was just confirmed yesterday. I'm just wondering how long the sore throat lasts. If anyone had experience with it, please let me know. For all of you who are currently infected, I hope you all get better soon!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a sore throat which lasted 10 days.....probably the worse sore throat I've ever had. Felt like I was swallowing razor blades. Looking back, it's probably been the most painful part of this virus, but it's only supposed to be the acute stage of mono.

• Posted

The sore throat is honestly ruining me right now, I would be completely fine with anything but this. I believe I'm on day 6 so hopefully it dies down soon. Also, thank you for responding, as it puts my mind at ease that I may be on the back side of the sore throat.

• Posted

The sore throat will clear. I remember I couldn't eat, then all of a sudden of got my appetite back and it went. This part is gross but my whole tongue went white at the end and started to peel. Sorry if you're eating your dinner right now. I hope you feel better soon and take it easy.

• Posted

i never had the sore throat or swollen glands mainly a weird mental feeling and anxiety fatigue .

i believe it flares up and down so treat your body kindly right now with loads of fresh food vegetables and fruit .. loads of rest . and try to boost your immune system with vitamins .

if you are younger its a quicker healing process.

if you treat this early on youll get over it much quicker .

• Posted

Hi Mack,

Oh goodness so sorry to hear that you have mono and been struggling with your throat as a result. Really empathising having had the virus some years ago, it really is horrible and I do hope that you are coping and managing okay at the moment.

Definitely give yourself plenty of rest right now Mack, that's so important as it's such a nasty virus and your body really need time and space just to get over this. Taking vitamins and herbs helped me during recovery, a good strong multi-vitamin per day, higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B complex vitamin (great for energy levels and nervous system) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng, oregano and echinicea can really help with the sore throat too. Also for a week or two (no longer) taking 1/2 teaspoon full of baking soda dissolved in water twice a way on an empty stomach is very anti-viral and can be good for the throat.

It was so long ago for me now it's hard to remember how long the sore throat lasted for me, but want to reassure you that this thing does get better and it does go away -it can be stubborn and take a little time but hang in there because you will get better and get over it. This is the worst phase right now you're going through and the intensity does lessen and things do get better - just coping with and getting through each day in these weeks is a massive achievement I know because it can make you feel so unwell. So if you need to take time out from work / study / whatever - please do that Mack and give yourself rest, sleep and be kind to yourself!

Thinking about you and hoping things can settle down soon and remember you will get better!

Craig

• Posted

My sore throat only lasted about a week and it wasn't too terrible. Occasionally, it comes back but doesn't last long.

I've had friends who had throat issues for a few weeks, though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.