Mono Symtpoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Looking for support!

I started with a horrible fever back in late September 2021...lasted for two weeks along with headache and feeling super tired. Finally was able to get blood work and it showed I had high liver enzymes. I am a mom (39) with two young kids, so they (nurse in dr office) was worried I wouldn't have time to come back, so they sent me to the emergency room. Emergency room dr, did CT Scan and more blood work and came back and told me I had mono. They had me stay the night and also let me know fatty liver - Thanks to the ultrasound. I immediately changed my diet since October - no alcohol, no saturated fats, more vegetables good fiber and proteins, green tea etc. Since the mono diagnosis, I have MAJOR anxiety, talking to a counselor, trying to stay calm, was put on anti anxiety medicine, but still experience these mono symptoms and its been almost 5 months:

joint pain

back pain

random pains around the ribs

burning/tingling/electric type pain in arms, legs, fingers and toes - really sometimes everywhere it feels like.

headache (in back left of head lower side near neck)

diarrhea

body aches

random pains at random times

blurred vision - only for a couple of days

jaw/sometimes feels like my teeth hurt

dry mouth - had a few months ago

horrible sleeping at night

random jolts through my legs sometimes.

I NEVER had sore throat or sniffles. Starting to take more vitamins and hope this passes soon. Jumped on this forum to get advice and motivation. I am very scared and every day I think I am dying.

Send advice!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

What and awful time you're going through! I am on month 8 and still feel most of the symptoms you've listed and maybe even more. I lose my motivation and hope a lot of the times but then Ive talked to some very encouraging people on here ... Craig for example. Find him in the forums and message him. His words and encouragement are everything! I pray this hard time for you will pass but remember we're in this together even though this battle is literally hell on earth. There is hope for full recovery so focus on that even though its hard. I feel like a hypocrite saying that because some days i too feel like it never will get better but i need to change that mindset and not let the devil win. Prayers for you!

Jay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.