Mono Update and Opinions Needed

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have seen a tiny bit improvement as I am able to up and around the house a little more and go on the occasional trip to the store. I am now at almost 2 1/2 months. I still definitely have most of my symptoms but I thought I would post a list to see if these are normal symptoms and if it's normal for them to be continuing on this long.

?-headache (right temple pain)

?-neck pain

?-body aches/weakness

-no appetite

-dry eye

?-fast heart rate (lower blood pressure than normal)

?-faint feeling but haven't fainted

?-warm feeling w low grade fever

-chest pains

?-brain fog

?...and just overall not feeling well!! I'm beginning to get so frustrated. 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christina,

that all sounds so familiar to me.

brethlessness, fatigue, tingly arms and legs, stiff necks, exhaustion, low mood, crying.

its a zig zag recovery, so you will improve slowly, but you will get setbacks. Try not to be too disheartened with these.thats easier said than done.

i have had this for 13 months...I am so much better but not quite normal yet!  This doesn't seem a long time to have this either, it's a long recovery for some, but it could be a lot quicker for you?!

make sure you rest loads, lots of fluids, vitamins, stay away from alcohol. Pacing yourself and to not overdo it. Just be kind to yourself and take things easy.

you will get better, just takes time

caroline x

• Posted

Hi Christina.

I would check in with your doctor and get some tests done to be safe. Mono can cause problems for people particularly with the liver or spleen. And defo get your heart checked since you are experiencing problems with blood pressure etc

It prob is just the virus running it's course but it's such a long time to suffer with it.

Some vitamins and pro biotics might help. Also changing your diet to a whole foods alkaline diet may help your immune system fight this a bit quicker and try some Apple cider vinegar in a smoothie or soup each day which has many health benefits. A tablespoon a day should be enough.

I had mono for a long time and eventually changed my diet, did 6sessions of acupuncture and started vitamins and I quickly began to feel better. Sending hugs ?

• Posted

Hi Christina,

Yes, these sound very much like the symptoms I had, it took me a full year to turn the corner, I am 55, so it tends to stick around longer. Keep resting and taking care of yourself, it is a long tough road but you will recover.

• Posted

Hey 

Yes, those sound familiar. I am around the same stage and time frame as you.. also able to move around the house but still get very fatigued, weak, and out of breath easily. 

I have experienced the feeling hot with no fever! So nice to see I’m not the only one. 

Other symptoms I have that you might have is sometimes lack of appetite, sometimes eating non stop. Neck pain, jaw pain, enlarged lymph nodes on one side. Mild sore throat. Joint pain

Suddenly I feel very fluey, especially if I don’t get enough sleep or push myself. Good luck on your recovery xo. 

• Posted

Hi Christina,

At 2 and a half months I was still in the throws of the worst intensity of the virus like what it sounds like you have been too, just want to reassure that horrible as it all is, these symptoms are normal for the virus and they do go away. The low grade fever and warmth really drained me all the time, but the intensity of that lessens as time goes on - hang in there this is the worst stage right now and things will improve I really believe that Christina.

Take care and remember you WILL get there - even if it takes a bit of time don't panic, because recovery is on its way.

Craig

• Posted

I created an account just to say that it’s so helpful to hear someone struggling with a very similar host of symptoms as me. The chest pains (and frankly sharp pains in my back) have been especially anxiety inducing, so while I’m not glad you’re having them, it is comforting.

I also have to add that I’ve been having heartburn and breast pain. It’s like my body is totally revolting!

• Posted

Hey Bjams,

It really is a horrible experience to go through mono / glandular fever, I really do just want to reassure that all the pains and aches and associated fears and anxiety do fade and go completely with time - remember that things will get better and I most definitely believe in a FULL recovery for you without any doubt - hang in there - God will deliver your healing I truly believe.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Bjams,

Welcome to the forum, Could the pain be related to the spleen? My doctor took chest xrays, it helps to know the cause, this virus causes enough stress,

• Posted

Thank you Craig07920. I can’t really see the light at the end of the tunnel right now so your words of encouragement were definitely more than needed.
    • Posted

Hi Mono too - thanks for the welcome! The nurse I spoke too (I was diagnosed over the phone after a blood test in urgent care) did say the pain is likely my spleen. I am going to ask my doctor though if they can see it on the chest x Ray that was also taken - excellent tip.
    • Posted

It's so hard to see light at the end of the tunnel I get it Bjams, but it will come for sure there is no doubt about that. It is just so frustrating that it takes time for most people with this, and the longer it goes on the more you doubt about your recovery, but let me reassure you that this is normal and it's normal for it to prolong but then still make a full recovery - so take heart from that although I know it doesn't help in the short term when going through it sad

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.