Mononucleosis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is there anyone who has mono and he/she is experiences sore throat for year .

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ravi,

So sorry to hear that you have been struggling with a sore throat for such a long time, I can only imagine how awful and frustrating it must be. Thinking about you and hoping so much that things improve and hoping and praying for God's help and healing for you. Absolutely a sore throat can definitely be a common thing with mono, just so sorry to hear it has been so persistent.

Things that helped me when I had mono included taking some vitamins and herbs, including a good strong multi-vitamin per day (Immunace Extra here in the UK was the one I took), higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B complex vitamin (for nervous system and energy levels), and immune boosting herbs like oregano, echinacea and siberian ginseng can also be helpful for the throat too I have found.

There is hope Ravi, this virus often takes time to get over, my experience was that Year 2 was SO much better than Year 1, started to feel much more like myself and move towards full recovery, so don't panic or be discouraged (I know it's much easier said than done) that things have been going on for a year, because have read many stories of people on the site who were still struggling after a year but made real progress and felt much better during and after the second year.

Thinking about you and remember God is the great healer. Message any time, there are some really good people on the forum here who understand what it's like to go through this horrible virus and offer good advice and kind and supportive words.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks for your kind encouraging words.Truly I tell you I really fed up from life .I had many symptoms including swollen lymph nodes,no energy,stomach pain,headache,night sweats ,white tongue and athlete's foot .I went to do blood work and I did multiple tests including hepatitis a-c,hiv ,syphilis,chest x Ray ,candidiasis test,urine analysis,blood culture,Thyroid test,vitaminb12 test,complete blood count all these tests came back normal.I spent a lot of money.I can't afford it now I limited my self to the room .my behavior also changed I got angry on little bit things.

• Posted

Hi Ravi,

Hoping so much for breakthrough and a turning point for you really soon. You have done the right thing getting those blood tests done, and although it is frustrating please do take it as reassuring and a good thing that they showed normal. When I had mono, all the tests other than the initial blood test for mono showed normal too, even though I was still feeling so unwell for so long. This most definitely can be normal with mono, and this thing DOES get better with time Ravi it really does, even though it's hard to see it when it goes on for a year or so I know.

Please hang in there and don't lose hope because things will turn around and get better - I truly believe that given my own recovery experience after such a horrible year with the virus too (recovery thanks to God only) and reading similar recovery stories of many people who had been unwell for a year or a little longer and went on to make a full recovery.

Definitely worth looking into giving those vitamins a try - another thing that helped me with various aches and pains in the last decade has been a thing called Bowen Therapy - a natural alternative therapy.

Thinking about you and do keep in touch - remember God is the great healer and I truly believe you are going to get through this and get back to full health again given a little time - hang in there Ravi and message any time.

Craig

• Posted

No, mine only lasted a few weeks. Is the doctor giving you any indication that it could be related to something else?

• Posted

Thanks for updating me about your health .I wish you good days ahead .Yes doctor gave me some medicines for acid reflux ,antidepressant and spray but it didn't work that's why I don't bother myself to use medicine more .Now I don't use any medicine.my major problem is sore throat and white tongue.Today I saw strange bump on my leg it is really painful.this virus is strange virus.

• Posted

Hi Ravi,

I do hope that you are feeling much better soon, it really is a horrible virus and empathising given me own tough time and experience with it many years ago.

If you are finding medication is not working or helping, sometimes it can be helpful to try alternative options like herbs and vitamins, I really found a good strong multi-vitamin, B100 complex vitamin, extra Vitamin C and herbs like oregano and siberian ginseng made a real difference to me during recovery. I seen a herbalist when I was going through it who offered some good advice and that is always something maybe worth looking into.

The other good remedy for viruses and the throat is baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon full of baking soda dissolved in plain water twice per day on an empty stomach, for 1-2 weeks, I've found that a really good remedy too (be careful not to take it for too many weeks though as it's very alkaline).

Craig

• Posted

No problem Ravi, of course it's all just from my own experience / research really, I'm no medical expert of anything like that, so always wise to check for any interactions with other medications / conditions when taking any supplements / recipes. Hoping very much the baking soda remedy can help, I've found it helpful myself in the past when feeling run down and dealing with infection.

Keep in touch Ravi let us know how you are doing - still thinking about you and believing that God is there and going to get you back to full health again.

Craig

• Posted

I've had Mono for 16 months. I had a sore throat for the first 9 months. Now, it comes and goes along with my other symptoms, lasting for weeks or just days

• Posted

Hoping so much that you are seeing some improvements Kris, it's so hard when this goes on for such a time. Remember there is still hope and it's not sometimes a good way into the second year before people really start to see a major breakthrough / change - hang in there Kris and I'm believing that you will get that breakthrough, that God is the great physician.

Craig

• Posted

My throat has been sore for 7 weeks now with mono. It went away at week 6 but now I have a cold and it's back. It also was extra bad at week 3 of mono bc I ended up getting strep throat! I know people who say for a year the sore throat flares up a lot bc mono lives in the epithelial cells of your throat forever once you have had it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.