Mononucleosis and very high liver enzymes

Posted , 3 users are following.

22 year old active male diagnosed with mono several weeks ago. started off with headaches, fever, and night sweats.

After that swollen glands, swollen spleen, and horrible fatigue. im really concerned because dr said my spleen was very swollen and liver enzymes were very high 500/1000. anybody else ever experienced this?????

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi B555 my liver enzymes were not that high (still twice the norm though) but in mono they say they can go high since mono may impact the liver.

I got swollen glands (still have them 😦 fatigue was there too.

Night sweats I used to have them togehter with moderate fever.

Take care!

• Posted

Hey markm70857 ,

thanks for replying! just looking for answers.

Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Yes

This is actually pretty normal stuff when u have mono..

Pretty sure your doctor would say something if it wasn't.

Just rest, a lot.

• Posted

thanks so much for posting. this sickness is bad on the body and mind

• Posted

Hi, my liver enzymes were really high. From memory ALT was around 500 & ALP was also raised too. They gradually decreased weekly & by week 6 were back to normal.

Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.