Montana medical mystery •

Posted , 4 users are following.

My name is Austin,

Several years ago I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety, and Panic disorder.

Every other day is a fight for my own sanity. Something as simple as going to work is crippling.

The past year I have had back spasms that will last all day and night, for weeks in a row. Also, there is no pain with the spasming. I had an MRI done on my brain, which showed lesions (scarring) on the brain. To follow up, I am getting a mobile EEG done for 24 Hours.

Could there be a link between brain lesions and crippling anxiety? (my panic attacks usually lead to me collapsing on the floor or running for my life). Has anyone else experienced similar situations? Comment below - or Direct message me your answers or your own anxiety situation.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

when you say brain lesions or scarring, did they ever Call it white matter? because white matter is also the same is scaring and many people have that and from what I know it’s nothing serious. . I don’t think there is a link between that and anxiety but you could ask your doctor. Anxiety is either a genetic predisposition or it’s caused by experiences in life .

there is a direct link between severe anxiety and body aches, muscle aches, and I’m sure your spasms could be related to this. I know you’re getting the EEG and had the MRI done, but Have you had a complete physical check up recently? That would be the first thing to do.

i can definitely tell you that long-term stress and anxiety can produce a lot of crazy symptoms including panic,. I’ve had it since the age of five and have had every symptom you can possibly think of related to anxiety and stress.

the key is relaxing your mind as much as possible because the more you worry about everything the worse the symptoms will get.! I know that from experience.

Is there anyway you can speak with a therapist? to have ongoing regular appointments to help you manage this. it’s very difficult to try to manage it all on your own. A therapist can give you a different perspective and some tools

. Also for immediate relief you can go on YouTube and find some great meditations for anxiety and panic. There are hundreds of them.

you definitely need some support right now. take care of yourself and we are here for you! ❤

• Posted

hi there. I don't know much about this stuff but I too suffer from anxiety... I've got health anxiety. I've apparently had it all my life in small bits, if that makes any sense but since the sudden death of my mother in law, its been extremely triggered. i worry every second of my life and i believe something is always wrong. even when I'm being happy, i cant cuz I'm always worried that if i let my guard down, something bad would happen when i least expect it. don't even let me get started on the panic attacks and the lack of family support.i know what you're going through. this is difficult. takes so much effort to cope and so much more to function normally. if you ever need to talk, feel free to message. we all can use each other's support. take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.