Month 25

Posted , 5 users are following.

25 months ago I started to feel bad. I didnt rest and after half a year I was completely wiped out. Now its almost 2 years since that and I am still only 30% functional. I am afraid I pushed too much during the whole illness always trying to jump back to normal life and that if I didnt I would be much close to healthy now.  I mean, I rested a lot, but then always overdid it and crashed. Many times. Also I feel like I destroyed my chance of making 100% recovery. It feels absolutelly impossible to ever feel healthy again in this moment. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi lob

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well, this virus is so awful and it really brings you to your knees and brings your life to a halt. 

While I think you're right in saying that resting and taking it easy early on in the illness makes for a speedier recovery, I don't believe that you've dashed your chances in ever getting better. The body has an amazing inbuilt capacity for healing. I think often it's our minds that are the problem- convincing us that our current state will be forever and that things can't or won't change. I believe that you will get well again lob. Trust in your body. Throughout my illness I grew to love the phrase "just because you think it doesn't make it true". It really helped me get through the dark thoughts and hopelessness.

Have you sought advise from alternative health practitioners like natropaths, chiropractors and acupuncture? In my personal experience my doctor was the least helpful in providing information and it was my chiro and natropath who truely helped me understand how to best support my body. 

Have you been tested for heavy metal toxicity? I am eleven months in and recently found out I have heavy metal toxicity as a result of the virus and I read the symptoms of heavy metals are very similar to the actual virus. I am now doing a very easy heavy metal detox with natural supplements and hope this will really help me get to 100% again. I found going to see someone that does live blood screening was really helpful for me.

I know you're probably feeling helpless and hopeless but please keep seeking to find someone that can give you answers on how to best support your body while you heal.

• Posted

It will be two years for my daughter in November, she has worked so recovery is very slow and she is probably about thirty percent also. She feels discouraged but is hanging on and hoping for a full recovery, it will happen eventually, I was sick for a full year myself and am now recovered. 
    • Posted

I am about 60 percent better. I got infected 2 years ago and got real sick December 2016. I also worked most of the time. I still have some issues that probably won’t go away (vision and joint pain probably cfs). I just keep moving ahead hoping for a better day.
    • Posted

Hey Brent,

Goodness man has been such a long road for you and Lob, you guys have been through the mill and I just really really hope and pray for a major turning point soon for both of you. I am feeling weary from being through a tough situation in my life for a year now too and I know it's so hard when you feel like your enthusiasm and optimism and hope is being drained. All we can do is keep trusting God and remembering He is a good God and works for our good, even though it's hard for us to understand why things are the way they are right now. It's not easy I know, but I do trust God and pray He can help us to let go of all of our troubles and fully give them to Him and for us to fully allow HIm to take them away from us.

Hang in there and thinking about you and praying for a week of hope and positive change.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Lob,

So sorry to hear this has been another tough spell for you. I am still believing that this is not forever for you, I still believe God has a plan that involves you being fit and healthy, I am sure of it. I just really hope and pray there can be a change soon and things start to get better.

Please remember not to beat yourself up about feeling like you overdid things at stages during the virus - EVERYONE does this - I did it too, it doesn't mean to say you won't or can't recover - you still will absolutely. I just hope some respite and peace is on its way.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.