Month 8 and worse than ever !

Posted , 4 users are following.

wondered if anybody could shed some light on why this is happening ? i seem to be worse than ever with more bad days than ever ? i coped ok the first 5 months tired and a couple of bad days .once got diagnosed at 5 months with EBV quit working out and its been hell ever since .

I Just dont get it? i was working out 1.5 hours or more a day and now just one extra chore debilitates me the next day . i can barely do a short walk . so sick of this when will it all be OVER !!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Im afraid there are many things that can cause a huge crash, viral infections being high on the list. If your ME was related to EBV as mine was the slightest viral issue or anything that causes your immune system to be repressed can cause a flare as it allows the EBV to reactivate. Pacing is the only way to move forward .. little and often, dont make the mistake of thinking im not too bad today and then do too much as that will cause a crash. As for when will this be over.. some people will spontaneously improve after about 6 - 12 months and never have an issue again, others sadly dont ever get well and have a constant cycle of relapse and remission, then there is the third group who become really ill and only see minor improvements. At this stage there is no way of knowing your outcome. The best you can do is look after yourself eat well, cut out all the rubbish , take supplements etc. Avoid caffeine, alcohol and processed sugars. Try and keep moving.. even if its only 5 mins here and there.. just keep moving and try not to rush the process or you will end up right back to square one. I have lived with this for 25 years and still managed a good quality of life so never give up hope.

• Posted

yes this is my 2nd time with ebv and i recovered last time 11 years ago so please God this will be over with soon ! and yes you are so right dont push yourself on ok days which ive done before and regretted it the next day .

so glad you have some quality of life now and that you have recovered.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.