Month after CTS surgery could I have infection?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok I had CTS surgery a month ago ok I am still in so much pain, swollen and today I discovered what looked like a black dot where my incision is healed up so I kind of rubbed it well it kinda popped up so I got my tweezers out An tried to grab with them to my surprise it was one of the stitches that they didn’t get out. Well first of all upon pulling with tweezers it hurt so bad it brought tears to my eyes this stitch was about a inch to inch an half long it felt like It was slicing my inside of my hand when I pulled it out, well later that day I got to looking because my hand was hurting so bad well it looks as if there is 2 puss pockets under the skin one where I pulled the stitch out from an another on the other side of the incision same area just opposite side I’m not quite sure what to do I can see both of what I’m calling pockets or bubbled up but looks like a yellowish substance inside them is this bad? I had surgery on my my other hand a month prior still lots of pain but no pussy stuff so I don’t know if it’s from the stitche being left in or what! My surgeon is a great at what he does but he is one of those doctors that looks at you like your stupid when you ask anything An very arrogant, with that being said I guess he thinks every surgery is text book an no one has complications but he thinks there is no way I’m still in so much pain after a month so he refuses to give me anything (it makes me want to grab him from across the table An just show him how bad I hurt) until I’m practically crying to the nurse so with this I can only imagine what he will have to say! I wish I could post a picture of my hand to show the 2 pockets. Please give me some advice!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. From your description it sounds like you have an infection. I would suggest you go back to hospital as soon as you can or doctors or walk in emergency, whichever is quicker. If it is an infection you need to go sooner rather than later. If it was a stitch that was left in you should also see your surgeon again. I would not be happy with that. Hope you get better soon.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your advice my surgeons office him as well as his staff just make you feel horrible when you have to call for something, today was the first day finding this because when I got up my hand well palm an wrist hurt so bad An then pulling the stitch out omg I want to scream I’m just wondering if when the nurse went to take them out if that one she cut part of it but maybe her pulling an messing with it Opened it up An maybe it’s stayed open An that’s why I may have an infection! I’m just probably thinking to much, but again thanks!!
  • Posted

From your description you do have an infection and the other people responding to you are right, one option is going to ER and getting the ER doc's opinion.  But even though your surgeon has poor bedside manners, he is still responsible for his work on you.  I would also follow up in the office AFTER going to ER for urgent care and antibiotics to clear up the infection.  After this length of time, the wound SHOULD be closed, so there is definitely a problem which needs medical attention.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.