Monthly sore throats..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello! I'm hoping that someone can help with some advice. I'm at a loss as to whats going on with me. I have not been diagnosed with lupus but when searching my symptoms I came across a few people who had been diagnosed that were having similar symptoms. Everything started about a year ago after we returned from our beach vacation. I started getting tonsillitis on a monthly basis. I could pretty much count down to the day that my throat would start getting sore and my tonsils would swell and be covered in white patches....bringing on fatigue, low grade fever and muscle aches. As time went on I started to notice a pattern. I have my menstrual cycle every three weeks instead of four and my symptoms seems to flare up during this time. It always starts the same way..I will start to notice my tongue feeling inflamed, then my mouth will break out in several cankers sore especially on the sides of my tongue. Some even getting as large as dimes. Then my tonsils will start to swell and be covered in white patches with fatigue, fever, muscle and body aches etc. This has happened every month for almost a year with my periods. I have been on multiple antibiotics that do not help. The only thing that clears it up is taking a medrol dose pack. Then I am fine until its time for my next period. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

IM not sure what you have but I am having a similar problem. The fatigue, joint pain, sores on tounge and constantly getting tonsillitis, as well as more symptoms. Have you found a answer yet? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.