Mood

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Did anyone else notice that their mood decreased in the first few weeks? Feeling so low and unmotivated xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi heather

yes. no motivation is common. i didnt leave the house for 8 weeks. just couldnt be bothered in anything. it passes though. i just did lots of knitting and craftwork when i felt like it.

• Posted

Hi Karin, thankyou so much for your reply. Of course my thoughts tell me I will be like this forever and should just give up.

• Posted

Dont give up Heather. By week 13 I was feeling pretty good. And now i go housesitting overseas, love my life. And was ready to give up. The panic and anxiety was unbearable. But it does get better. stay strong. you'll make it through.

• Posted

Thankyou so much Karin xx wow house sitting overseas that does sound amazing!!

• Posted

im on day 3 and struggling bad. feel sick and like my brain is running circles around me and il never feel better. i cant stop foccusing on my blinking and im convinced im stuck like this forever. feeling desperate 😦

• Posted

Heather do not give up, the usual time line for sertraline is 2 weeks of the worse side effects, 4 weeks to see some improvement and. 12 weeks to be somewhere back to normal, if you are on the correct dose. Yes you will feel down and have no motivation but this will get better, it is a side effect and will pass with time, when we feel like this patience is not our friend but unfortunately that is what we need to have, I thought I would never enjoy anything ever again and just spend my life going through the motions but 6 months on 50 mgs and I am back to “normal”

• Posted

i totally agree; this is a very similar timeline to how it was for me . please dont give up hope, it will work.

• Posted

Thankyou for your replies its greatly appreciated xoxo Im meant to be getting on a train today for the first time in ages and Im panicking so much I dont even want to leave my couch 😦

• Posted

Hello! I feel the same unmotivated and tired feeling like laying around type.

I dont feel like doing much at all.

Im on day 8 of 50 mg Zoloft.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.