Mood change - week 9!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been on 10mg citalopram for 9 weeks now the side effects are slowly decreasing i really suffered at the beginning with headaches/nausea and dizziness, but the anxiety is still lingering in a morning which ive read is normal. I have noticed though the last week my mood has been low...just really flat like i cant be bothered to do anything i cant really describe it. Anyway is this a sign i need to up my dose or stick at it and try ride through it? I just really really dont want to increase if i dont need to and get terrible side effects again. Thanks x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Stay the course. 10mg works for me. When I started I went through the lows you describe. It does go away. You will wake one day and ahhh its gone. Glad you're feeling better.

• Edited

thanks! my ovulation app also says im due on tomorrow so maybe its that as im always terrible the week before? Just the last few days ive felt tired, low just cant be bothered to do anything! x

• Posted

week 8 the exact same thing happened to me x it's normal honestly. definitely don't change dose yet x

• Posted

Hi

how are u doing so far with being on Celexa week 8 ?

How are u doing side effects wise , u still have some

do u have any better time in and though the day like afternoon

or evenings ?

How are ur mornings ? Hope to hear back from u to see how ur doing

thanks

• Edited

Hi

it's normal I guess have a question does ur flat , low I call it ☺ still come with crying spells

because I started day 2 on week 10 today and still have the morning side effects from Celexa the nausea and headache and then the crying from the anxiety. Do u have that I get it still every morning so far . Yes I also feel low , flat and sad and cry how about u ?

How are ur evening doing ? Do u take anything for anxiety?

Stay on ur 10 MG I read on the blogs it gets better by the weeks not days

I'm staying on the 5mg the Dr gave me until week 12 I hurt it gets better by then like

balanced out

so I give it the 3 month and see I think u should to ☺

please let me know how u are , thanks

• Posted

'Weeks not days'. Thank you, that is helpful to hear for impatient people like me!

On week 4, and notice an improvement, but still a ways to go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.