mood & food

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anybody else ever found a link between these two?

About 30 minutes after drinking freshly squeezed orange juice I feel like sh*t.

Im not a big eater, Im slim and i dont eat alot. My eating habits are really bad eg a lot of sugary drinks/snacks and probably one meal a day.

I am starting to wonder whether this is contributing to my moods.

After having 2 cans of pop, a jar of cockles, 3 ice lollies and a packet of chocolate (all day) I feel quite emotional and edgy. 

I am going to start eating better tomorrow and see if there is a difference.

Anyone else see a link?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a sugar low, if I eat a load of sugary foods or drink in about an hour or so I feel horrible and my mood changes 
    • Posted

I think so too, had 3 eggs and porridge today. Feel better
  • Posted

Yes, lol, had to laugh at your daily diet. Been there. It's okay to find items that are healthy and just repeat them everyday. Protein is the biggy for me. If I don't get some kind of meat, eggs or beans during the day by 4 pm, I am having a anxiety issue without fail. I almost forgot, I eat nuts too and they do the trick. Sometimes while working ect...or on the go I'll buy a bag of almonds or whatever the choice is.

i do eat some junk too...a little candy here. I love soda but I had to cut back. I drink a ton of anything I can get my hands on during the day without caffiene. They say 64 ounces is good I do some days twice that. ( if I have anxiety)  a hormone is released into our body when we get frightened about something and sometimes ( panic attack ) it pours it on, so by drinking enough water I feel I can dilute those hormones...my dad told me that not a doctor but it's true. I always stay the. Same weight too. On the thin side, until I took. Mirtazapine but even then I didn't gain much. Anxious people I think tend to be a little light and depression causes the opposite? Not sure anyhow good luck in search of your new diet. I know it helped me a ton.

but sometimes I have to admit I try to skip lunch and it comes back to bite me😬

• Posted

Thanks Rose, Ive been eating 3 melas a day and cut out sugar completely. I felt tonnes better. Then today I have gone back to eating rubbish and feel so tired, definitely makes a difference! Will follow the water tip. Water drinkers are never anxious in my opinion haha so Im going with that as a rule! Thanks again
  • Posted

thats hardly surprising really. pop ice lollies and chocolate are not really proper food.  Try to eat a more balanced diet and you will be 100% better.

There are good books available on nutrition.

Richard

• Posted

Thanks Richard, following better eating and 3 meals a day and i feel miles better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.