Mood swings with mono

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

it has been 7 months since the beginning of my worst mono symptoms. overall since mid august I have been on the mend and feeling better. Main symptoms were:

• heart palpitations
  • breathlessness
  • insomnia
  • anxiety/depression
  • fatigue
  • weakness
  • off balanced and dizzy feeling
  • occasional night sweats
  • lost appetite

my mood has been pretty consistently good since my energy has gone up, but for the past half a month my mood has gotten worse. I don't feel too much worse, but have noticed a couple more days this month where my energy is a bit lower than it was in october and the beginning of november. Whenever I have these days my mood is just so negative and i am not at all trying to be pessimistic. It's almost like a negative, unhappy feeling in my whole body, not just in my mind if that makes sense. I just wanted to do a little update and wondering if anyone else has the same experience.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I it has been the same with me. months 6,7,and 8 have been a new challenge for me. It feels liken it shows glimpses of hope as you have a few good days and then you relapse and have a few bad days. Along with having my mind back in some capacity where I can think more, it makes it harder to deal with, so can make you grumpy. Something I mentioned on another thread, it feels like it has brought out my inner self...where what i used to find annoying but could easily just ignore, is now irritating me 10 fold....such as other people talking.

• Posted

Hey Dodge,

Totally empathising with where you are at with these ups and downs and frustrations - there just seems no logic to this thing when you can feel a little stronger at one point and then feel you have gone backwards again at another. This 'jostling' phase is normal Dodge and will pass, you will reach that stage where you can be confident in your body's stability and resilience again - it's hard to envisage that when in the midst of being up and down with symptoms I know - but believe me Dodge your resilience and stable and good health will return again, and your body will be able to handle more stress and activity again (I thought mines never would but God strengthened me).

Hang in there Dodge still thinking about you and believing in your FULL recovery.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Dominika,

I do think what you're going through can be very normal during the recovery phase of mono - it is normal to have ups and downs even when starting to feel better overall. Remember you have come a long way and don't be so hard on yourself at all - it is very understandable when having days / weeks when feeling your energy levels not so good that you don't feel so optimistic or happy. It's understandable Dominika, but just remember that it will pass and it's only a temporary / minor dip and you will get back on track again.

I think you have shown a great attitude and courage overall Dominika, so remember that and remember it is normal to have days when not feeling so great about it all and for fears to try to recur given the tough time you've been through. But these won't win through Dominika, you will get through any tough days or spells like this and your energy levels and better mood will return again - absolutely it will so don't panic if or when this happens, and remember your body has been through a very traumatic time and in many ways is still recovering, and you've also upped your activities with school and things again so it's understandable that at times you are going to feel a little less energetic - so be kind to yourself and remember with more time your full body resilience and energy will return again, it really will Dominika your body is still recovering and will reach an even stronger phase once again!

Thinking about you and hoping for a better week ahead!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.