moods and depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone experience anger at times even on meds?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claire, I've been on anti deps (sertraline) for 9 months, for depression/anger & not feeling  'anything'!!

Still now & again I go from 'normal - angry' in 2 seconds, it's irrational anger. & I know it, but still it comes on. . The meds have definitely helped 100% from the place where I was, so take it easy you're not alone! BW smile

• Posted

Thank you martyn, just struggling at the moment with everything and moods are all over the place.  Can be happy one moment, tearful and sleeply the next or cross and frustrated the next. 
    • Posted

Ugh!! Sounds reeally similar to me, I think the thing to acknowledge (in hindsight) for me looking back, is that it's not normal or healthy to be 'manic & depressive' , for me it got to the stage of wrapping a towel around my neck & attempted s. 

It didn't occur to me that I had dep, but it all 'made sense' & fitted when I finally got medication!! Let us (or me) know how get on, & pls go to GP! smile

• Posted

yes.Its hard to keep cool .You get angry that you cant do the things you used to do .keep going
  • Posted

The first, essential step is to recognise and accept that one has fallen into clinical depression. For the benefit of others who may read this it is necessary to realise that one can be depressed - a frequent occurrence in this challenging world - but not clinically depressed, the state where some medical intervention is necessary to enable the subject to begin to recover.

Mood changes are just a part of the human condition so it is important not to think oneself into being a manic depressive (bipolar) as that state is extreme. We all get ups and downs and we must adapt accordingly. Sometimes that involves the recognition that we are not doing what is best for us. We tend to resist change just when change is the better option.

Being angry is, I believe, a good sign. That gives one a source to address and when you can deal with that the anger subsides. In simple terms, determine the why and what behind the anger then face it and act to overcome it. Use that emotion (anger) to defeat it.

• Posted

Yes, me too. I go from fine to raging in a second, can feel my temperature rise & find it so hard to stop myself snapping when people really don't deserve it. I also get so angry with myself for feeling the way I do, not being able to control my emotions. 
    • Posted

That is a common factor for anyone under enormous stress. The stress may have built up or may be something extreme that just arises out of the blue. So you could help yourself by making some 'me time' when you cut off all contact and just relax, possibly with a nice cuppa alongside to enjoy.

After you have relaxed then you could begin to ask yourself what it is that caused you to react as you did. When you know that then you will be able to counteract the stress.

• Posted

Hi, so a little update i have been to gp and have had a refferal  and now going to have a course of cbt sessions and assesment on best treatment moving forward. Having a solid diagnosis following an additional assesment  of whats wrong has helped and it can be helped.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.