Moody, overactive mind, negative moods

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi all. A year or so I had a blood test which showed I was perimenopausal. My periods went irregular, I was getting more forgetful, dry vagina etc etc. I recently had to undergo surgery to have a ovarian cyst removed, and they ended up removing a tube and ovary. I was told this wouldn't change anything. So wrong!!!!!!

my periods are regular but I'm moody, irrational, so negative, p*ssed off with the world, sooooo tired, no energy. Other symptoms but it's my moods and my overactive mind that is driving me and my family nuts. I can't go on HRT as I have a family history or breast cancer, but I'm desperate. I've tried St. John's wart, evening primrose, peri something bought in boots, but none of which work. Please help. I'm willing to try homeopathy or anything if it will work. But not sure what is best. 😳

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Twiizzle...so sorry to hear you're going through this. What are some of your symptoms??

• Posted

Hi Tiwizzle! Sorry to hear about your situation. I too have an overactive mind...especially early in the morning when I wake up. If I try to go back to sleep, I end up having bizarre dreams. My thoughts too become irrational and negative, sometimes to the point where it will cause anxiety. I know I'm driving my teenager and husband nuts but thankfully they're supportive. I've had all kinds of crazy symptoms already and they come and go every week or sometimes month, depending on what it is. You've come to the right place though because all the ladies on here are very supportive and wonderful to talk to. Right now I only take vitamins and try to maintain a healthy diet (it's hard with a 6 and 16 year old in the house) I try to incorporate exercise in my daily routine, I listen to relaxation music on pandora, read good books, write in my daily journal, and turn on my aromatherapy infuser and last but definitely not least...I PRAY! I was really bad back in August and September. I had lost about 30 pounds and my job but things slowly but surely became less intense and manageable. I still have to go back to my doctor for some more tests. I hope you feel better soon. Just try and hang in there. If you need to tal

• Posted

If you need to talk, come to the forum and we'll reply!!! Prayers to you!

• Posted

Hello,  I think just being good to yourself helps a lot too.  I have a husband and kids that I'm always doing for them but realized I need more time for myself.  Do what makes you feel good.  I was exhausted all the time no matter how much I slept so I bumped up my vitimins/supplements. I also made myself do some kind of exercise because when I do I find that I do indeed feel better.  And it's the same when I eat more fruits and veggies.  I think it's because I'm doing this for myself.

• Posted

Hi twizzle. I am sorry you are having a difficult time. I have to do a lot of positive self talk to get through some of my bad days. I tell myself things like "it's just my hormones", I'm being irrational, focusing on horrible health issues..which tells me I am really depressed. Exercise does help me. I never feel like it though. I do at least go for a short walk with my husband every night. As soon as the kids go back to school I am going to start going back to the gym.

I find the more i do the self talk, the better i get at it. This is all so hard on us and I just can't understand why some women breeze through this time in their life. It is frustrating and even depresses me more. Thank God for this forum and I hope you feel a little better knowing you are not alone. ((Hugs))

• Posted

fully understand these symptoms and trying to keep job and family. I hope homeopath works for you or try accupuncture maybe will help. please keep informed as this forum is great to help out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.