More about pain felt through Endometriosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Like another post I have just read I also experience pain not only when having a period but most days - some worse than others.  Today in fact is a bad day and I had to leave work early to come home to my trusty heat bag and have been sitting cuddled up with it since getting home.  I experience the most pain when my bladder needs emptying and occasionally when I need to empty my bowels but there is always a constant nagging in that general area which when really bad spreads down my left leg.  Have been to gynea and am currently waiting for a laparoscopy to confirm endometriosis and a hysterescopy as last year a polyp was found in my uterus which was ignored at my first bynea appointment.  The pain really gets me down at times - does anyone have any suggestions as to how else I can help myself until my day surgery?  I do use a TENS machine when it gets really really bad.

Have been on these forums before and always found the comments very helpful and supportive.  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I myself have suffered with endometriosis nearly 10 years now and had 9 laproscopies and 4 hysterscopies. Unfortunately when they remove the endo is grows back. I have found taking my contraceptive pill back to back without a break helps with the pain. I still get pain when i do this but not as severe. Depending on how back my pain is i take 30/500 co-codamol or tramadol whwn severe. Use hot water bottles have hot baths unfortunately it is a horrible condition to have an live with as it effects your day to day life. I hope you get some relief soon
    • Posted

Thanks for the suggestions my new best friend is my heatbag. Another problem I am finding is clothing being an issue. I have already changed the trousers I wear to work as anything remotely tight fitting causes more issues. Things feel a lot better when I am in my nightie on the bed with nothing in that area. Was shopping today and must have moved/twisted unintentionally and am paying for it now. Is this usual?
    • Posted

I am the same with regards to clothes i resorted into wearing linen trousers more for comfort because when the pain starts and my stomach swells it is so uncomfortable feels like i am going to pop at time it gets so swollen and tight. Ive noticed i have also put a bit of weight on even though im eating less but i think this is down to painkillers im taking. I notice if i do to much such as bending alot of heavy lifting it has a big effect on it ive now learn not to over do it
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you have these problems but glad I'm not the only one if you know what I mean.  I can't say that i have noticed about putting on weight but I do know that the left side of my abdomen is sometimes so tender anything against it hurts.  Felt really miserable about the whole thing this morning as I am getting fed up with being uncomfortable at night and having to keep getting up to go to the loo - because it seems to be affecting my bladder, also just constantly being in pain somedays more than others.  Luckily my husband is very supportive and gave me a big hug which made me cry because I felt so low. Trying to pull myself together as I know there are people in far worse situations than me. Apologies for feeling sorry for myself.
    • Posted

Apologies for the late reply i have not been well. It does get you really down. Its good you have your husband who is supportive to you. As sad as it sounds i have sort of got used to living with it although that shouldnt be the case. Hope you get some sort of relief
    • Posted

Had my appointment through for the laporoscopy which was supposed to be today.  Went for pre-op appointment last Thursday and because of a previous heart condition had an ECG on the Friday and was told that they would contact me if there was any problems.  Had a missed call on my phone Friday 5.30pm but no message was left.  Went into hospital this morning for my procedure to be told it had been cancelled! Explained about the missed call and they said that might have been them to which my response was why didin't they leave a message? Was really fed up with that especially as they could have let me know so I didn't go in.  I am now waiting for the new appointments to come through.  cry
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you have not been well ( see my reply about recent appointment problems).  I agree you shouldn't have to get used to living with it although I can see where you are coming from.  Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you have been cancelled. They should have left you a message saying its the hospital and left you a contact number to ring back at least. Im better than i was thank you. Hopefully you wont have to wait to long

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.