More advice than help!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am really struggling at the moment and I want some help and advice but don't know where to turn to I suppose it's more encouragement than advice! I have got off alcohol before and my life was so much better then!! I got into a state of anxiety and depression while writings dissertation and came of Antabuse to start drinking again as I have always used alcohol to cope!! I need to get back on Antabuse and I have being re precribed it but I can't get myself to stop drinking and get back on it!! Everyone thinks I have failed before and I will never succeed again they have now made me believe that too, I jave had a lot going on lately! Any encouragement would be much appreciated, I am AT&T witts end and I don't wana end up been addicted to alcohol as I never have been but the way I am going it won't take long for me to need alcohol to function!!

Please some one help me xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey I am in the same boat,I can't fucntion without a drink,on a real downer,my life is in shreads,Been AA they did not help !!!
  • Posted

you can do it we all can i keep telling myself not to drink during the week and just drink on a friday but then i carry on drinking how are you doing now ?? x

Stace

• Posted

Well I have got to my final straw and I have just came into detox today but it is costing my dad £2200 to be here for a week. Once you take that first drink you can't stop, I av been to one AA meeting and I don't know if it is going to be for me but I am guna try and go back after here as I am willing to do anything to help.

Thanks for your replies smile

• Posted

Hi, I know it's real hard dealing with the bottle, but if you fight through it there is a light at the end of it!!

This might sound like advertisement, but its not, my mum wrote a book and she was highly addicted to alcohol for many years and she eventually wrote a book about the trouble and triumphs, she used to wake up with panic attacks and anxiety, so it sounds quite similar from what you've said. So if its advice and inspiration your looking for check it out on amazon or ebay its called heaven is a better place. But if readings not your thing just keep up the good work that you've been doing so far and think of your future, take care x

• Posted

£2200 for a week !,your lucky,how many people can afford that.

Hey only you can beat the bottle,I know the bottle is beating me,two failed marriages,lost Driving licence,catalogue of despair.

Good luck on your detox .

• Posted

I know it's terrible really my dad has funded it for me I cud never afford it, I am the only person in here who has self funded everyone else here has gained funded and they only have to pay £1500 so I av even had to pay more paying privately which is terrible really!! But it was my last resort I av lost my licence and I av just about lost my career, I am only young and I want it sorted before I get even worse, there r people in here who have seizures and epilepsy due to their alcohol use!! Thankful I am taking control before I get to that stage.

Thanks again for your replies and good luck with all your recoveries smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.