More ankle pain that just seems to be getting worse

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. Us there anyone out there who us finding that their pain seems to be getting worse? I'm 17 weeks nxt Tuesday since fall and 16 weeks post op, but my pain just won't give me a break. Today has been really bad even though I've been sat for most of the day iceing and elevating my foot. I'm also getting that burning sensation that I had in the early days in my toes. Also some pain in the shin? This is so depressing, I don't know how much more I can take 😔 😔 😔. Sx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I with you with this too Sandra, the pain has just been horrendous for me the past few days.

So much so I've gone back to my slow release morphine tablets tonight, with anything else I could find throw in too. I've even got my lignocaine plaster on my ankle is a desperate hope that it helps.

I'm going to speak to my dr on Monday and see what she says, can you maybe do the same too, you might need some additional pain meds to get you through the next few weeks/days. 

Claire. Xx

• Posted

Thanks for yr reply. Sorry to hear that you too are going through a hard time with pain. This gas been sent to try us all, I'm sure of it. What is lignocain plaster? I don't see my physio now for 2weeks but she has told me to carry on with my exercises. I've told her plus she has seen for herself the pain and discomfort I've been in, but has told me it can be normal for such a bad fracture /break. But to listen to my body and not over do it. And Ice. But can't walk around 24/7 with a ice pack strapped to my ankle!! 😢 😢. I'm being lazy today so haven't even got out of bed, foot feels stiff at the moment, but that's normal for first thing until I get going. Let's see how today goes? But I am loosing the plot now. 😢. I've had enough!!

• Posted

Me too, thankfully I'm being treated to an adult night out courtesy of my friends...poor husband has the children and 4 of their friends to look after for a sleep over!

Poor dog though still hasn't had a good run...her little face is the saddest I've even seen it. 

The lignocaine plaster are helpful, they are a local anesthesetic sticky pad that penetrates into the top layer of the skin. I saw a pain consultant a few yrs back and he prescribed them for me. I can't wear them on the front but on the side of my ankle it worked quite well last night.

Think I may be having a few too may glasses of wine tonight! Xx

• Posted

Lol have a great night, I have a doctors appt on Tuesday so will ask about the pater thing. Are you in the UK? Sx
    • Posted

I am yep, hopefully it will be a nice night but I bet I come home to chaos...6 children, one dog and one frazzled husband! 
    • Posted

Hope it goes well. I've just dropped my son off for night out. Called in for Chinese takeaway, just gone down a treat. Home alone and early night for me. Sx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.