More Concerned Than Before

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since I have been doing my own research what I am finding is that the none of the 2 doctors I saw told me that the problem could return and reading here I see some people have already had the surgery 3 times. I know I am going to have to do something but there does not seems to be a reliable cure. Has anyone had the fluid drained with a needle and what have you experienced after the procedure?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I was told that recovery and the testicle back to normal could take up to one year. The doctor said that the recurrence was unlikely but that he could in fact happen. A friend of mine had The procedure done and it took him exactly 6 months to feel like that he was

making progress. It took him 12 months to be back to normal. The doctor said he would drain the hydrocele if in fact that he did not see progress after six months if that is what I wanted. The problem according to the doctor is the chance of infection when he drains the hydrocele. His claim is to not do anything for up to one year. I will follow this doctor's advice and after one year I may elect to have another operation if and only if I am uncomfortable. Personally as a 70-year-old male at this point it does not matter if one testicle is larger than the other. Unless of course, I am uncomfortable doing what I like to do.

• Posted

Hi, to refer to the first part everytime I have had the operation I have been told that there is a 3% chance of it returning. Within 2 weeks of the first two operations I knew it was coming back but this time it seems to be ok, wether it will continue to stay like that I do not know. I have a friend who has had this done and it worked first time for him. The second part of your message refers to the fluid being drawn off by a needle. I have had this done twice, no anesthetic just a needle pushed in and the scrotum squeezed to push out the fluid. Its not a very nice experience, the second time I was just about to shout out stop when he finished, it was a very sore procedure. That was carried out by my doctor in his clinic, he muttered the same words, it could come back. After the second time I plumped for the general anesthetic procedure and there was  no problem, straight forward and painless. When the consultant found out that I had it drained via a needle he said that it was a very dangerous thing to have had done as it is easy to get it infected.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.