More disappointment...

Posted , 5 users are following.

My upper and lower back and my hips are growing greatly more painful every day. So much so that I'm having trouble sleeping because it is so hard for me to get comfy. My legs feel so weak and stiff, I'm afraid when walking that my legs are gonna fall out from under me. And yet again today I found out that an Endrocronglist I was hoping would be able to help because my current one just doesn't care, wouldn't be able to see me under January or February 2019. 

I'm just so used to being disappointed nowadays that I don't even cry as much as I used too. I just don't really care anymore, I'm just way too tired of all of this s**t. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear Martha,  I understand completely how the discouragement and hopelessness can get started.  But please don’t give up.  Are you diagnosed with PMR?  Do you have extra prednisone that you can take until you get to a doctor.  Can you get into a Rheumatologist before the next endocrinologist?    Share your sadness with those that love you, and know it is worth trying. 

Please take care and pamper yourself in whatever way gives you a little relief or sense of being cared for.  

• Posted

Hi Martha,you did not mention your age.Is it possible you could have PMR. I know it usually affects older people but I was diagnosed age 45.Maybe see your GP or ask for a referral to a rheumatologist just to rule this out.Hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

I am 23 years old, I am seeing a Rheumatologist next Friday, but I'm not holding out much hope for anything productive happening. I don't think I have PMR, I do have Hashimoto's, Celiac Disease and am suspecting Sjogren's Syndrome. I'm just frustrated is all, being exhausted with serve brain fog every single day it's a complete nightmare. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.