More gallbladder questions (mainly FATIGUE!)

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, i posted here not long ago because i am scared about removal and i would like to thank everyone that gave me a response. i am more at ease about my surgery but i still have some questions (im sorry i have really bad anxiety) so first of all when i took with a gallstone attack, i automatically felt pressure in my head and extremely tired. that feeling has never left me for 4 years, i feel like a zombie everyday. i can keep myself awake during the day but when i sleep i can for a very long time. i was wondering if anyone else experienced this with gallstones and did it go away after surgery. im really scared about waking up not knowing if ill feel normal or if it will still be there. note: i have had a bunch of tests done and there is nothing really wrong only gallstones, and thats when i first started experiencing this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have all the same symptoms as you and hoping they will all disappear in two days time when my gb is removed. I have no stones but a thickened gb, there's a medical name for it but cant remember or too long. Hives is my main problem, but that is due to the bloodpressure tablet that i'm on as this has to be regulated before the op. Will change this after the op as I dont want to upset the applecart so close to surgery. Had that pressure in head for a long time but not as bad now. Pain in back as soon as I get up and appetite gone plus constipation. God willing in two days time I'll be sort of normal again. You'll get there.

• Posted

I feel I have been wasting my time re the fact that dioxycholic acid dissolves gall stones of cholesterol type..... All those who fancy the operation to remove their gall bladders go right ahead..... and the best of luck.

• Posted

I had severe fatigue before the surgery, to the point of barely being able to get off a chair during the day and had to go for loads of naps.

I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia due to the fatigue.

I am now over 2.5 months post op, the fatigue has gone down drastically. I am starting to do things I never thought I'd be able to do. Small things like washing dishes or going for short walks, moving about more and I no longer have naps!!!

I remember a friend of mine telling me that she experienced the same thing, that her fatigue got heaps better once the gall bladder was out and she healed but I didn't believe her because my fatigue felt so extreme.

Give it time, it doesn't come back all at once, it will take months and it comes back little by little.

But it will be something for you to look forward to.

Good luck!! 😃

• Posted

apart from fatigue, did you haf any other symptoms like dizziness, ringing in ears,bloating and burping?

i have a non working gallbladder with gallstones not removed. but my dizziness is horrible... can't go on like this for rest of my life.

• Posted

since the day i got gallbladder attack, i started getting dizziness/disoriented. hida scan showed 0% working after 5 years ultasound showed gallstones. it has been 8 years who walks like a drunken person in office and difficult to focus and very tired.im 37... yet to remove gallbladder as im having other issues like tingling in feet, ringing in ears, dizziness, extreme tiredness , bloated and burping always.some times i feel this life is not worth to leave with all this issues at this age...rather take out gb and see if it resolves..but if that did resolve....that is the best thing we have did..if not and gone worst...then there is no other options i see to fix this problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.